Sign in to follow this  
Mike26

Ruger American Stock question

All, 

I've got a 6.5 CM in Ruger American that I want to put a different stock on....a stock with a lesser LOP to fit my younger son, like maybe 12.5". Any suggestions?

The magpul ruger american stock is great I just put one on my daughter's american. She has a compact so factory stock LOP is 12.5. The magpul stock min LOP is 13 and the regular american stock is 13.75. So if you have a standard size american you will save .75 in off the stock going to the magpul. The great part with the magpul is there will be room to grow into it and adding the spacers as you child grows. The magpul stock is slightly heavier but it makes the gun more accurate and comes with everything you need. It also allows for more ammo in the magizeen. I now have 2 Americans with the magpul stock. I highly recommend especially for a child for room to grow, the gun can grow too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dano562 said:

The magpul ruger american stock is great I just put one on my daughter's american. She has a compact so factory stock LOP is 12.5. The magpul stock min LOP is 13 and the regular american stock is 13.75. So if you have a standard size american you will save .75 in off the stock going to the magpul. The great part with the magpul is there will be room to grow into it and adding the spacers as you child grows. The magpul stock is slightly heavier but it makes the gun more accurate and comes with everything you need. It also allows for more ammo in the magizeen. I now have 2 Americans with the magpul stock. I highly recommend especially for a child for room to grow, the gun can grow too.

Is that magpul stock right hand only.  I assume it works both left and right.  

Can always order a compact stock direct from ruger or find one on the forum where someone went the opposite way. Good luck 

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Can always order a compact stock direct from ruger or find one on the forum where someone went the opposite way. Good luck 

Or check Numerich Arms.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:12 AM, CatfishKev said:

Is that magpul stock right hand only.  I assume it works both left and right.  

As far as I know they only make right hand.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dano562 said:

As far as I know they only make right hand.

I should have asked if the grip is the same both sides.  Looks like it is, found some videos of modifying to make a true left handed as well thanks.   My kid is left eye dominant but will still be shooting a regular right handed rifle, but still shooting left handed

• Like 1