Tbar

Unit 8 Pronghorn

Father in law finally got drawn for unit 8 Pronghorn. Thinking about going around Garland Prarie or closer to Ash Fork. Wondering which area would be better to take him to? 

I'd go to the area I have been seeing the biggest antelope. If  he isn't a size hunter I would hunt where I have been seeing the most antelope.

• Like 1

This will be his last hunt and I think he just wants to say he harvested one. I have never been on an antelope hunt but I’m definitely excited. Hopefully I’ll learn a lot and I can apply it whenever I get drawn (10+ years). 

In behind the ranch on forest road 108, AKA .. Devil Dog road. About 2 miles in. Look for 3 small ponds off the west side of the road. And a big cabin. The pasture in behind there always has a couple herds of them roaming around. Last year there was a giant buck in the group. He kinda is a loner. He hides back along the tree lines , while the rest are out in the wide open. That could turn into a nice stalk, if you could find away to sneak threw the tree lines to him . If you pushed him out you could still possibly get a shot at him in the open. Good luck . I've hunted that unit and area since 1974

• Like 2

Wagon tire flats or south of the cement plant in Page flats are good places to try

also Putney flats and Meath wash areas up in northwest corner of unit 8.

• Like 1

Currently hunting the North west corner of unit 8. Haven’t seen any yet but we did see a ton of elk. One nice shooter  

there is a hill you can get up on and glass a ton of that area