Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Rifle clamps for my tripod

I have been looking online for a rifle clamp. There seems to be a lot to choose from. I would like some recommendations on what clamps others are using. 
Anymore it seems like there are quit a few to choose from.

I will be mounting it on my Sportsman tripod.
It does not need to be a name brand if you have found a quality clamp at reasonable price and a good warranty. 
Ease of use, weight, and functionality is at the top of my wants 

I have a Triclawps and love it.  You're welcome to borrow it and test it out before you buy if you want.  You've always been good to me. My daughter's at UofA, but will be here this week for a few days.  I can send it down with her if you want.

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's feedback. 

I recently picked up a new tri-pod with ARCA head and then mounted an Area 419 short rail on one of my rifles. These rails are lightweight and low profile. After shooting with it this past weekend, I'm very impressed with the results. Using a shooting sticks for rear support, I was able to connect with steel from 400-600. Very solid. I'm sure you can duplicate this with a clamp, just nice to not have to carry around extra gear.

I really like the triclawps for its versatility. I used it for many years and still use one for certain situations. 

Over the past year I have converted most everything to arca swiss rails, heads and clamps.  Lighter, faster and more stable. I can go from binos to rifle to camera etc in seconds.   

There are also a few shooting systems out that use arca swiss and/or picatinny rails to mount directly to a ball type head for an incredibly stable platform.  

we used this from field optics research on my sons first deer hunt. BIG fan of the system.

20240104_224933.thumb.jpg.a980f9a9514ced147c5647d6b4751b95.jpg

• Like 1