Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Elk meat

Hot italian sausage, chorizo, bratwursts, snack sticks, summer sausage. Elkl brats are my favorite in natural sheep casings not the fake ones. Plus bacon is ground into all burger when processing. All done at home.  If you are talking about recipes for meat someone else can chime in for that.

• Like 1

We bought a cuber this year and have enjoyed chicken fried steak and fresh eggs. We also make orange elk with tender cuts and homemade sweet and sour sauce. I gave some ground to my neighbor and he made "shotgun shells" on his Trager. They turned out great! I still enjoy a steak on the grill and a sweet potato.

I agree with the above. Chicken fried steak with bacon country gravy.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:23 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

What are you making these days? I know meat is meat, but people get creative when they have “special meat”

So what have you done with it so far? I know you are pretty creative.

21 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

So what have you done with it so far? I know you are pretty creative.

Chorizo and bone broth have been my favorite. I’ve done meatloaf, burgers, chicken fried steak, and chili also. What I’m looking forward to the most is the braised shanks.

Osso bucco. My spelling is probably wrong but sounds good as f*"k. Been wanting to try it with coues but never done it. Gelatin lip smacking good. Let us know how it turns out.

7 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Osso bucco. My spelling is probably wrong but sounds good as f*"k. Been wanting to try it with coues but never done it. Gelatin lip smacking good. Let us know how it turns out.

I’ve done it with white tail and mulie and it’s really good! These elk shanks are gonna be cooked similar but without the rice stuff. I’ll use taters instead.

15 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve done it with white tail and mulie and it’s really good! These elk shanks are gonna be cooked similar but without the rice stuff. I’ll use taters instead.

Make sure to take a pic and share it with us.