Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

My dad's buddies elk

This is my dad's  friend  Aaron  he's  a Texas boy  and married  to my dad's old high school  girlfriend.  Aaron  lives in Texas  and put in for 40 years  in Oklahoma  for elk to never get a tag. This guy has a broken  back and shattered  a leg from  falling  outta  a treestand.  So getting  around  is not easy.  Sat every day from  the opener till yesterday  . It was catching  up to him so he stayed  back in the morning.  I went to see how  he was at lunch  and took him in to his spot.  Had 4 bulls come in with  just one cow . He made a great shot and she was rocking.  The big bull still tried  to hit it as she was clearing  the dam for the water hole . Funny  stuff!  We saw turkey, deer,and elk come in .To all the 6a road hunters  I say keep quiet  and listen  and watch  and perseverance  pays off .

20231121_155812.jpg

20231121_164642.jpg

• Like 8

Hey Congrats

• Thanks 1

Well the ending  to the story is my dad didn't  get his elk. We sat every day from  dark to dark and on the second  to the last day he finally  got an opportunity  as 6 cow elk came in to water. The lead cow saw something  she didn't  like and turned  to run as my dad sent a shot from  his new cva accura 45cal . We spent the better  part of the day looking  for his elk . As the rest of the group  ran to the north  west. She went  west and I had her on her feet at about 200 yds in the trees. My fault  for not going  after  her sooner  to try for another  shot. 😪  . Dad is 73 and not very good with  the rocks  and trip Hazzard  type stuff.  We did find another  elk that had been shot on the hunt before  his but she had already  been  bear food . Lots of big bull elk in this spot  just the cow Aaron  shot and the group  of 6 that my dad had an opportunity  at. Hopefully  he gets  another  opportunity  in a few years and I get a few more good  memories. 

• Like 1