Sign in to follow this  
standman

My Epic Sheep Hunt

THERE YOU GO!  CONGRATS.  You look a little tired.  :D  {note I came back to ask some questions and this unsubmitted post popped up)

I went back and looked at the video.  I recall a similar panic when the sheep did not go down right away.  My buddies were going nuts (shoot-don't shoot, not hit the horns or the other sheep, etc.)  In hindsight, it was obvious it was not going anywhere like mine but that panic was unnerving.  Then JUBILIATION.  The five year anniversary of me posting pics just hit on FB so I have been reliving my adventure.  

How many years of putting in and how many bonus points?  (Sorry, if that info was buried in the subsequent posts and I missed it)

Have you got to try some of the backstraps yet?  Mine were really tough but good tasting.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

THERE YOU GO!  CONGRATS.  You look a little tired.  :D  {note I came back to ask some questions and this unsubmitted post popped up)

I went back and looked at the video.  I recall a similar panic when the sheep did not go down right away.  My buddies were going nuts (shoot-don't shoot, not hit the horns or the other sheep, etc.)  In hindsight, it was obvious it was not going anywhere like mine but that panic was unnerving.  Then JUBILIATION.  The five year anniversary of me posting pics just hit on FB so I have been reliving my adventure.  

How many years of putting in and how many bonus points?  (Sorry, if that info was buried in the subsequent posts and I missed it)

Have you got to try some of the backstraps yet?  Mine were really tough but good tasting.  

A little tired….yes.  😁 The adrenaline rush and then come down is real.  Yeah, there definitely is a little panic , Even though ram is dead on his feet.  Jubilation is an understatement.  I’ve never been so excited with an animal and experience in all my life.  

So I had 30 points.  I have not had the chance to eat any yet.  I’ve never had sheep before so I’m excited to try it.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

How in the WORLD did he stay on his feet that long?! That first shot was perfect. Second shot was great as well.

Awesome ram man, I am happy for you!

I was thinking the same thing, great shooting 

• Like 1

Awesome ram congrats! I'd say he's my favorite ram I've seen this year, can't argue with big and gnarly

Did you see your ram in scouting?

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 5:57 AM, PatrickJr said:

Awesome ram congrats! I'd say he's my favorite ram I've seen this year, can't argue with big and gnarly

Did you see your ram in scouting?

Thanks!  The morning I killed him is the first time I laid eyes one him.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, standman said:

Thanks!  The morning I killed him is the first time I laid eyes one him.  

That is a bonus Ram! Very nice ram congratulations

• Like 1

Wow!!!! Congrats