Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Bow hunting in rain

Are the strings tight enough to not allow water to absorb?  If your bow is wet is it even worth taking a shot?

I did so when I was real brand new and missed terribly.  But I was also real brand new.... 

I've shot 3d courses in some pretty serious rain I do notice a slight change in my vertical drop and usually have to add 3-5 yards on my sight tape to keep scores consistent.I'm also interested in to what others think

I would use bow string wax pretty heavy and shoot some lube/repelant. And dry and clean immediately. But why not.

• Like 1

I would think if you are waxing your strings it wouldn't make much of a change until you got to some longer shots. One of the purposes of the wax is for that exact thing.  To keep the moisture out and causing the string to fray.

• Like 2

I'm 100% positive it was the felt on my drop away that really screwed up a shot for me yesterday at 60 yards. I hit about 3-4" lower than my confident point of aim. 

I will be looking for a fix ASAP as the rest of hunting in the rain lended to the stars aligning. 

13 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

I'm 100% positive it was the felt on my drop away that really screwed up a shot for me yesterday at 60 yards. I hit about 3-4" lower than my confident point of aim. 

I will be looking for a fix ASAP as the rest of hunting in the rain lended to the stars aligning. 

HAMSKEA ARCHERY SOLUTIONS Hybrid Hunter Pro Micro Tune/Drop Away Recurve Compound Arrow Rest for Bowhunting https://a.co/d/6BzbVuB

No felt rubberized plastic very quite 

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

HAMSKEA ARCHERY SOLUTIONS Hybrid Hunter Pro Micro Tune/Drop Away Recurve Compound Arrow Rest for Bowhunting https://a.co/d/6BzbVuB

No felt rubberized plastic very quite 

Nothing like a fellow hunter costing me more money, thank you for sharing my man!

1 hour ago, CouesPursuit said:

Nothing like a fellow hunter costing me more money, thank you for sharing my man!

Hey bucko, you asked lol

• Like 1