Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Good mixed bag day with my son and pup

Levi, Scooch and I set out for a mixed bag. Predators, ducks, quail were what we were after.

On our second stand, I saw a coyote making its way down the draw on my sons side. He was set up with a standing tripod and my Marlin 60 in 22. I told him it was coming and to get ready. About a minute later, the coyote goes up the other side on a little hill, out of his view so I put it on his neck and send a 50 Ballistic Tip from my AR through him.

Driving out we jumped a covey of Gambles and I dropped one, but we never recovered it. 

A few ponds later we had 4 ducks. A hen and drake buffelhead, a hen ringneck and a hen gadwall. Four ducks, four beautiful retrievals by my 18 month old Airedale... She's really getting the hang of this bird retrieval, as well as swimming for ducks! She's an absolute menace on dove, especially considering this was her first season and she's never had any formal training for that.

20240103_091434.jpg

20240103_115311.jpg

20240103_134426.jpg

20240103_145855.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Nothing beats time in the field with your kids!!  Freaking awesome!

Hes got his first Arizona tag here in a few weeks. Youth 36b Javelina.

• Like 2

Looks like a great time. Hope the ex has settle down. Priceless memories. You have ducks down there.

23 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Hes got his first Arizona tag here in a few weeks. Youth 36b Javelina.

SWEET!!

At the risk of temporarily hijacking the thread......   A pic of my oldest son's first big game animal approx. 18 or 19 years ago.  Seems like yesterday (I sound like an old man saying crap like that... lol)

Enjoy the special times!!

Erik pig.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stanley said:

SWEET!!

At the risk of temporarily hijacking the thread......   A pic of my oldest son's first big game animal approx. 18 or 19 years ago.  Seems like yesterday (I sound like an old man saying crap like that... lol)

Enjoy the special times!!

Erik pig.jpg

Levi killed 3 deer in Texas last year, he did really well. Hopefully that translates to Arizona javelina as well!

• Like 2