Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Accident attorney

49 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Pima on I-10 just before cienega. Highway patrol were the ones on the scene.

I talked with a friend in Benson who’s been trying to retire and he only does estate law anyway but he understands all this bs and he gave me the name of Joel Boroweic (spelling?) in Sierra Vista, if it happened in Cochise. Since it happened in Pima you could call him for a referral or call Marks office in Benson and ask his daughter Ann who they’d recommend for this type of thing. I’m sure they’d give you a few minutes of their time to explain how it goes. 
Battaglia/Roberts PC I believe. Look it up I don’t have the office number just His cell. 
Hopefully whoever she can recommend would be as down to earth as they are. Good people! Good luck man!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CouesFanatic said:

Send me a message. I'm a chiropractor, I deal with all these attorneys every day. Theres a lot of attorneys around here you really don't want to use. 

Couldn't you have done that in a message?

• Like 1

AZ,s minimum auto  liability is joke in todays world. If you have anything worth diddly, you had best have an upgraded policy and an umbrella policy covering your vehicles, home, boat , etc.  The whole world is law suit hungry due to the ridiculous amounts of aired ads by the ambulance chasers. People fall down in my parking lot due to being idiots that don’t look where they’re walking , or on their phone, and hire attorneys. Fortunately  ,more and more  insurance companies are telling them to pound sand . Insurance premiums are ridiculous because   of it.  No one wants to accept blame for their own actions anymore.

• Like 2

Sounds like you have it handled. Your insurance company does this every day and it is protection that you paid for with your premiums. You should definitely let your insurance company know if you get any further contact from the subrogation attorney. If at any time your insurance company refuses to defend you or says "sorry, you're on your own", then you have an issue but unless that happens, it sounds like they've got it covered.

Like others have said, subrogation is a real thing.  Consider an accident like a two round boxing match. Round one, the initial accident litigation/settlements has been completed and you rightly thought this whole thing was behind you.  But this is round two, the final round of this two round boxing match.

Subrogation is when the insurance company pays out according to their policy but believes it that another party is ultimately responsible so they go after that party to try to recoup some or all of what the insurance company paid out.

Lawyers have to eat so they generally only take cases when there is some meat on the bone for them. Usually, subrogation attorneys get a % of what they recover for the insurance company that paid out on the claim.  Some subrogation claims are clear, some are murky, and insurance companies have all kinds of agreements as far has how to handle these things between themselves.

You're smart not to post anything about the facts on here but there can be instances where the rear car has 100% liability like if a car crashes into the car in front of them which pushes that car into the car in front of them, etc. Or there can be cases where the rear car has 0% liability like then the pile-up already happened and the rear car barely taps the last car and causes no damages. And there's the in-between where the rear car did not cause the initial accident but made it worse by hitting the rear car.

I mighta taken the long way around the barn on this one but, in the end, you were a responsible person and had insurance so they should handle it.  It's what you paid for. 

• Like 1

Since your case is in Pima, you might wanna check with Mark's office in Benson or call Joel for a referral. They're pretty cool and might share insights. Battaglia/Roberts PC seems to be the go-to, and I think Ann from their office could suggest someone good for your situation. They're down-to-earth folks, so hopefully, whoever you connect with will be too. Best of luck, man! Since we're on the topic, I found this article on 8 factors to consider when choosing a lawyer really helpful https://www.natlawreview.com/article/need-whistleblower-lawyer-new-york-city-here-are-8-factors-keep-mind/. It covers important stuff like experience, communication, and fees. Hope it helps you make an informed decision.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, huuslayer said:

My friend in Benson, who's been navigating retirement and estate law stuff, recommended Joel Boroweic in Sierra Vista for matters in Cochise. Since your case is in Pima, you might wanna check with Mark's office in Benson or call Joel for a referral. They're pretty cool and might share insights. Battaglia/Roberts PC seems to be the go-to, and I think Ann from their office could suggest someone good for your situation.

Thank you for the recommendations. I’m in the sit and wait period now.