i'f you've never called in one of these guys your missing out! they ar emean suckers!

happy

hunting

tommy

post-2728-1232587094.jpg

post-2728-1232587107.jpg

Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one :D

Dude, you HAVE got to take your camera with you and take some field pictures!

Howd it smell?! :D

Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one :D

Dude, you HAVE got to take your camera with you and take some field pictures!

Howd it smell?! :D

Yes, please get some nice field pics...that would be great.

Amanda

Never called one in but we used to catch them pretty regular when trapping was still legal... Mean is right!!! :blink: Pound for pound the toughest critter in the state IMO! Congrats!

yea i know i've got to start taking the wifes camera with me, i keep forgetting and half the time i'm by meslef anyway, but yea i agree in teh field are much better pictures

Are there badgers in AZ?

Yes, there are. I think the badger in this thread is from AZ, isn't it? And also, you might remember Casey just got one that he called in. They seem to like grassland areas where they can burrow into the ground. Maybe some of you guys that hunt and trap them know their habitat preferences better and can post that info.

Amanda

Not only do they smell really bad but they are very difficult to skin. You can't pull the hide off with your hands like you can coyotes, cat's and foxes, you have to cut every inch off with your knife. And they have a layer of heavy fat and grease that sticks to the skin. Back in the old day's the fur buyers that came through wanted them rolled and frozen because because the hides had to be hand fleshed to remove the grease ( coons ) also.

yes this one is from az, i've gotten 8-10 over the years, and yes they are terrible to skin, not fun at all!

That is on my wish list of critters to call in. An awesome predator hunter in southern AZ had some really cool video posted on predator masters of a badger he called in. It was really neat to see how they charge in like little tanks. It also seems badgers can be found all over the state of AZ.

By the way Tommy if you need a new friend/calling parter I will volunteer. :lol:

That is on my wish list of critters to call in. An awesome predator hunter in southern AZ had some really cool video posted on predator masters of a badger he called in. It was really neat to see how they charge in like little tanks. It also seems badgers can be found all over the state of AZ.

By the way Tommy if you need a new friend/calling parter I will volunteer. :lol:

Josh, the mentioned caller who posted the video is the person mentioned in my signature. Good guy, even better predator caller!

They are fun to call in. The one I called came in hard and quick. When I would stop calling, it seemed to loose interest. Awesome creatures and they sure do not like to give up their fur at all!

josh,

i'm always up to making new friends and huntinig partners, so maybe we can hook up some time

tommy