Sign in to follow this  
Coach

6A/B Headed Out

Well, my oldest son Matthew has the JR pig hunt in 6A/B starting Friday. We're headed that direction tomorrow morning. Wish us luck - hopefully some good pix will follow.

Jason

Hey guys, we are back. Unfortunately we didn't find the pigs but had a good hunt. I'm not sure if it was the wet cold weather or a lot of pressure from the archery season, but we just weren't able to find the piggies. There was plenty of good sign and we had a ton of fun - just couldn't find the little buggers this time. Enjoy the pix...

Good sign...

post-478-1232940836_thumb.jpg

Glassing hard...

post-478-1232940882_thumb.jpg

Great scenery...

post-478-1232940919_thumb.jpg

Skylined buck...

post-478-1232940961_thumb.jpg

Bucks closer - this is over 600 yards away so a little blurry....

post-478-1232941025_thumb.jpg

One last chance...

post-478-1232941067_thumb.jpg

Consolation... Matt worked really hard and despite the hunt turning out to be much harder than either of us expected, he kept a great attitude and got to learn about how some hunts are just about the experience and not the kill.

post-478-1232941161_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it. Next hunt is Nicholas's first ever big game hunt - a pig hunt in 22, just days after his 10th birthday. Wish us luck!

Jason

Yep, looks like you guys had a great time. Those are memories that will be cherished for many years. Tell him not to get down, it will happen for him soon!!

Great pictures and thanks for sharing with us. Memories are priceless. :)

I love the pic of you with your arm around your son. Awesome pic right there for sure.

TJ

Jason, I have to agree with TJ...that picture is priceless and should be framed & put on the mantle. From the looks of the rest of the pictures I'd say the hunt was a huge success and a great bonding experience for the whole family. Congrats on a great hunt and tell Nicholas good luck!

Sometimes the hardest part is just finding em'!..I know 1st hand <_< Sounds like a great hunt & the pictures are great as well. Good luck on the next one...Bret

Thanks everyone. I've got the 22 HAM hunt so I should have a weekend of scouting/semi-hunting to find some pigs before Nick's hunt (he has 22 general). I don't really care if I get one on the HAM hunt - going to try with an 1858 (replica) cap and ball revolver if they make it easy - I just want to get some located before the footrace when the general season starts.

Cool story and pics, we are headed up this weekend, had to work last weekend so we are headed out in the morning after I get off of work, trying to make the best of this weekend, hope you guys find some in 22, good luck, I will let you know if we get into any pigs. Hunting south end of 6a betwwen the river and Fossil creek rd Have a good weekend and GO CARDS Andy