post-582-1107733313.jpgWell i was drawn for a hunt in November, shot this deer on the second day of my hunt. I had a friend show me the area. At 300 yards i double lunged him with a 30-06. I was very pleased with him scoring 95 with a gross 102. His second point was a little small on the left side. :D oh well, a nice buck!

Hey Q welcome to the site.

Nice Buck! Thanks for the photos and short (no doubt) version of the story. What part of the state were you in? Central, Southern, East West....? The background reminds me of some of the areas I hunt.

By the way, did you choose your nickname from the Tom Selleck move Quigly down under? Ya know the long shooter from the Ameican west?

Later

Hey az4life, thanks for the post and the welcome, this is by far the best coues site i have found. Well the first day we went out we saw a buck that was slightly under 100, he was out of range and smart. They can be tricky as we all know. We spotted him on a hill, and had no other choice but to creep in from our location. We startled him out of his bed at about 450 yds and i didn't feel comfortable taking a shot yet at that range. He took off over the mountain through a saddle so we had a long hike up to the saddle where he had crossed. We look over and saw nothing, walked down the other side a ways and threw a few rocks. Before we knew it, the third member that went with us that was glassing the area saw the buck cross right back over and take off down to the flats. He was a smart one, but the bigger and not as smart one the next day was my kill. We hit the hills at daybreak and just as the sun was rising came over a hill, the buck took off towards the top of a hill and i waited because i knew he would stop and look at the top of the hill and sure enough he did, right then i took one shot. I thought that i had missed so glassed a little more before going to check on him, he had run 40 yards after being double lunged, the exit wound on his front thigh, with nearly a 3 inch diameter. It was an easy haul down and it was off to the butcher and taxidermist. So there is the long of the story. The deer was shot in the southeastern part of the state, and yes i did choose the name from the movie. 1200 yards he hits heads at, hah. what region do you hunt in?

nice first buck, thats an understatement.thats real nice even for a 10th buck congrats.you say you were in the sw part of the state?or did you mean south east.didnt know they had coues in the south west part of the state,anyway great buck should look real good on the wall

NICE NICE NICE!

Some guys have a life time invested chasing the Coues and have not got one as beautiful as yours!

:D

Congrats on a beautiful deer, and that sure looks like SE Arizona!

Congrats on a great buck!

P.S. You wouldn't be a baseball player would you?

Coach