elkhunter

2024 HAM hunt so far

Friday my son and I were unable to go out. My dad went out with my mom. After a few hours of not seeing anything, my mom glassed up a herd with her chest binos. She does not hunt she tags along on some hunts and does not glass for anything except  for cows and predatory birds. Once the herd was spotted the pigs bedded down and they were able to get in to 120 yards and he took this nice sow. 

Saturday my son had a flag football game in the snow, he got to play in 2 inches and had a good ole time and his team got beat badly. The weather was not good for us to go out in the sloppy muddy conditions. Sunday Colby and I headed out in the dark and his hunt was similar to his junior hunt. We were glassing far out 1-3 miles and we weren't seeing anything. Right below us at the glassing spot, a herd of javelina popped out feeding at 220 yards. We snuck in to 96 yards and he laid the hammer on this pig. Blew out the right shoulder taking all critical organs out. We were able to cut up the pig and get back home just in time for the super bowl game.

I'll be headed out next weekend to try my luck.

2024HAMDAD.jpg.3823912d2742bf23db505fd876e4be61.jpg

2024HAMCOlby.jpg.24a685120e984881cbb6eafd872ec9c5.jpg

2024HAMCOLBY1.jpg.85d1af589f96a81a3190197cd7ea0c8e.jpg

• Like 17

Congratulations to both of them. That's awesome he got to play football in the snow and then hunt in it too a little bit. 

Heck yeah!!

Glassing for cows and predatory birds. Classic. 

• Haha 1