elkhunter

Ham 2024 muzzy javelina

I'm sure no one cares but here's the story 👍.

Friday we had no school so my son and I headed out and I'm the last person with a HAM tag. We didn't see any javelina all day and about 80 coues deer and 6 bucks. We covered tons of country and got chased by some angry cows with newborns. We saw a hog nosed skunk in the day time and I'm sure it had rabies the way it was moving around.

Sunday I headed out with my sister and pops, same thing as Friday, we didn't see diddly squat in the morning. If we were lucky we would have found 5 herds the way we glassed. About noon we were ready to have lunch and I decided to check out some north facing slopes before eating. I was able to glass up a herd of javelina bedded down. I was able to sneak in above the herd about 80 yards. I wanted to use the pistol but the pigs got up and started moving around and I couldn't find a clear lane to shoot so I used the muzzleloader. I was able to get a 49 yard shot on this nice size male. 

beddedpig.thumb.jpg.b01f8f940868946b3404c3e345d5ed6b.jpgTyler_2024_HAM.thumb.jpg.46d56a47dd4699a23547e1c7abe5f13d.jpghammestacydad.thumb.jpg.e29910b98380410305155bf05cb2050a.jpg

• Like 21

You guys are a menace on the pig population!

I'm glad to see your sister back with you, can't recall seeing her on your hunts in a bit.