twistzz

4B Youth Hunt Help

Anyone familiar with 4B Turkeys?  My Son and Grandson got snowed out in Unit 1.  Fish and Game is kind of vague for the unit.   Is north of the 260 the best bet?  Before or after Heber?  Roads are a mess in unit 1.  Thanks for any help!! 

Never mind Son talked to fish and game and got some good info.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twistzz said:

Anyone familiar with 4B Turkeys?  My Son and Grandson got snowed out in Unit 1.  Fish and Game is kind of vague for the unit.   Is north of the 260 the best bet?  Before or after Heber?  Roads are a mess in unit 1.  Thanks for any help!! 

Since all of 4b is north of 260, better stick to north of 260 lol. Try the 210/122 road area. 

Thanks for the tips!  They ended up joining the Marvin Robbin’s youth turkey camp back in unit 1.  My Son and I both have Timberline calls and went too one of his seminars.  Pretty cool my grandson gets to be with those folks on his first turkey hunt.  Thanks again for the info!

• Like 1

We were at the unit 1 camp and had several places to hunt. My daughter and our friends grandson doubled in the first two hours. Hope you guys had a good hunt.

• Like 1

Thanks they had an epic hunt, lot's of gobbles and action but no bird, just allot of good memories.  I'm sure my Grandson is dreaming of turkeys now lol.  Going to give it another go in May.  Congrats on the double!!

• Like 1

Man went up with daughter to 4b and had a blast with her and heard some birds but man the place was loaded full of people. Forest was still closed everywhere on the youth opening and evering one was in 4b. Never hD there to four groups of hunters going after one bird. Ya i could of found more birds but wish i had more time! Oh well learning experience 

16 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Why was the forest closed? 

Rim rd was closed and cocinno rds closed not the forest. so everyone that wanted to hunt 4a,5s rds were closed no access and everyone that wanted to camp or go to bear knoll or woodscanyon lakes could not due to rds closed so they all camped in 4b and all went to willow springs lake. It was crazy never seen cars lined up to the 260. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Did you here any shots?  That Tom is now very well educated, if he made it through the gauntlet :)  

57 minutes ago, twistzz said:

Did you here any shots?  That Tom is now very well educated, if he made it through the gauntlet :)  

No shots heard or birds shot that i saw. yes all the birds had a hunter coming at them and calling from different directions 

On 4/27/2024 at 8:07 AM, couesdeerhntr said:

Rim rd was closed and cocinno rds closed not the forest. so everyone that wanted to hunt 4a,5s rds were closed no access and everyone that wanted to camp or go to bear knoll or woodscanyon lakes could not due to rds closed so they all camped in 4b and all went to willow springs lake. It was crazy never seen cars lined up to the 260. 

Just called the Ranger District, and 300 is open now. Going up to 4A Thurs.