Sign in to follow this  
Noel Arnold

Elk and Antelope applications down.

I was thinkin' that as many as 30% might just have been going to put in for BP's... that should help a bunch! :D But I know one Outfitter that had an Out-of State client list that 30% put in just like normal, 30% did just BP's and 30% said "Can't do anything, this year!"..... if the in state apps show anything close to that trend I am gunna get drawn for something!!!!! :o :blink: ;)

Every year this topic comes up and is proven wrong, but it is nice to dream about that unit 1 archery tag with my name on it because no one else put in.

Come on elk and antelope tags!!! Hopefully the draw percentage is up,,,, wait and see!!!

Every year this topic comes up and is proven wrong, but it is nice to dream about that unit 1 archery tag with my name on it because no one else put in.

You are right Bob..... however.... this year the money is tight all over, folks are looking at the "I wants" and putting them aside for the "I needs". I know lots of folks that are doing only BP's this year and I think draw odds will be up on many units. I think the way i put myself in I will have a better chance this year of drawing those hunts vs. last year..... IMO.... and only time will tell, but I am clinging to the glimmer of hope!! ;)

I had not heard that number (except from this thread.... ;) ). Where did you hear it Noel??? Was it from a valid source?

I can't believe that they are down 50%. You don't actually believe that, do you???? LOL

S.

:)

Stanley,

No I will not believe it until I see it.I was thinking maybe 30 % at the most .But I do know that a lot of people put in for points only that normally put in for the draw.If you look at all of the hunters in Arizona that worked in the construction buisness,then you know of a lot of people are out of work or getting ready to.

Guest 300ultramag.

Hate to burst ur bubble but when I dropped my apps at mesa I have never seen it so crowded... as far as non-residents i would say they are doing alot better then AZ residents..... good luck regardless! as far as IM concerened Im already drawn until they tell me otherwise.... im already packed!

Right Branden :P

I heard from the GFD that as of Monday, they had only received one third of the applications, compared to the day before the deadline last year. Either that means apps truly will be down this year, or there were a lot of procrastinators this year!!! Who knows.

Oh I hope so!

That would mean I might be getting an Archery bull tag two years in a row?????

Come on baby come to daddy. . . . .

I would think that most people with a high number of bonus points will still put in for those hard to draw hunts as they would not want to jeopardize their chances of drawing, falling out of the top BP pool, or falling behind in BP.

I would suspect that any who do not apply, and maybe do BP instead, will be those with few BP or apply for cow elk hunts.

Hate to burst ur bubble but when I dropped my apps at mesa I have never seen it so crowded... as far as non-residents i would say they are doing alot better then AZ residents..... good luck regardless! as far as IM concerened Im already drawn until they tell me otherwise.... im already packed!

Right Branden :P

That's right! They cashed my checks two weeks ago, so for the time being, I'm convinced that I'm going hunting in AZ.

ultra 2

lol...atleast i am not the only guy who 'lives in his own dreams" :P i am sure i am drawing unit 9 archery bull again with just 2 bps!!! the paper app thing is not nearly as fun as the credit card way not enough "mind games" with paper apps..lol

good luck to all the "dreamers" in the draw..lol

azmeat