Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Fun CW.com Treasure Hunt!

Hi All,

I thought we would have a different kind of contest. This is an online treasure hunt and is designed to have you spend some time searching around CouesWhitetail.com so you can see some of the info on the site, outside of the forum.

So, for this contest, you have to EMAIL me (not PM, since my box will fill up) the answers to these 12 questions. The first 12 people that give me the correct answers or the ones who get the most right answers to me by Monday the 23rd 5 pm will win a prize. Plus after the first 12, I will have a random drawing for an additional 5 winners from the list of correct entries (not including the first 12). So in total for this contest we will have 17 winners.

Prizes are:

First three places get a pair of tickets to the International Sportsmen's Expo on Feb 27 - March 1. These tickets were provided by John Kirk from the ISE show and then given to Marshall (aka DesertRat) to dole out to some of the hunting forums. For those that don't know Marshall has a neat hunting blog....check it out. Thanks Marshall and John Kirk for the donation!

The fourth place prize is a Wildview Trail camera donated by Willhunt4coues. Thanks Clay!!

The next 6 winners can choose either a "How to Hunt Coues Deer" book by Duwane Adams or a CouesWhitetail.com shirt of their choosing. (for shirt designs, click here)

The 11th and 12th place winners will receive a Vapor Trails and Whitetails DVD (or any other Northstar video of their chosing) donated by Northstar Video.

Then I will also have a random drawing of 5 additional winners from the list of everyone with correct answers (except those that are the first 12). Those additional winners will get to choose a tshirt or video. That way if you didn't have time to get an answer in quickly, you at least get a chance to win something.

OK, so please EMAIL me rather than pm me. And don't respond with the answers in this thread since it will give away answers to everyone.

My email amanda@coueswhitetail.com

Amanda

here are the questions. HAVE FUN!!!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME THE ANSWERS AND DO NOT POST THEM IN THIS THREAD! You can post general comments about the contest in this thread, just not the answers.

amanda@coueswhitetail.com

All the answers are found on CouesWhitetail.com, just go to the main page of www.coueswhitetail.com and check out the sections on the menu system on the left hand side of the page. You should be able to narrow down the section where the answer will be based on the questions.

It shouldn't take too long to get the anwers. Just open two windows, one for this thread and one for the main CW site and you can toggle back and forth to read the questions and find the answers. Write them down and then email them to me.

CW.com treasure hunt questions

1. How did the deer appear from the tangle of oak in Jeff Falls’ poem about Coues deer?

2. Who is listed as the person to contact in NM for information on hunting Coues Deer in NM?

3. When is the peak of antler shedding for Coues based on the graph of life stages from AGFD in the life stages section?

4. According to the table in the shot placement section, what is the amount of drop in inches of a 130 grain .270 bullet at 400 yards for a bullet fired at a 30 degree trajectory?

5. What is the name of a recipe from the venison recipe page that has cumin in it?

6. Is the metatarsal gland longer on a Coues Deer or a Mule Deer?

7. How many different tail colors are shown for Coues Deer in the photo in the general description section?

8. Where on CouesWhitetail.com can you find a downloadable PDF of a scoresheet and an excel spreadsheet for entering and calculating the score of a buck?

9. How many years of shed antlers are on the first antler board shown in the Dan King shed hunting article?

10. What did the buck from question 9 score at age 10?

11. How many sponsors have button ads on the right hand side of the main page?

12. How many videos are listed on the Video Clip page (not commercial DVDs, but where the Coues Deer Celebration videos are listed along with many others)?

Hope I got them all right!!! I wanted a pair of those tickets!!! That was fun Amanda!! Thanks!

Hope I got them all right!!! I wanted a pair of those tickets!!! That was fun Amanda!! Thanks!

Amanda,

Resent.... and PM'ed.

Northstar video just called and wanted to donate two Vapor Trails and Whitetails videos to the contest. So I will add that to the prize list for 11th and 12th place.

Amanda

Since I realize some of you might actually not take a break from work for this contest, after the first 12 winners are chosen, I will place the rest of the people with correct answers in a random drawing for 5 more tshirts or videos of your choosing (one video or tshirt per winner). Deadline to submit answers will be Monday the 23rd 5 pm.

Amanda

P.S. For those wondering, I will assign everyone after the first 12 a number and then use a random number table to select 5 people at random for the remaining prizes.

Sorry Gamehauler! But at least you could still win a shirt or video in the random drawing!

Amanda

Guess that means I did not make the first dozen :(

Nice timing Amanda <_<

On a day when I really had a big job to get done :(

To bad it wasn't for a member, I would have blown him off :P

Like what??? :rolleyes: You were probably at the doctor getting a refill for your Geritol or Fugitol perscriptions.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :P