Sign in to follow this  
WFGinNM

Come on Walleye

Good forum, can't wait until the walleye slamming starts. After the bulk of antler picking, and turkey busting.

May08Walleye007.jpg

--Bill

Okay Bill, you got my interest up? :o Is this a desert lake in Arizona or New Mexico?

We may have something in common.

Dick

Okay Bill, you got my interest up? :o Is this a desert lake in Arizona or New Mexico?

We may have something in common.

Dick

My exact thoughts. I've caught 1 walleye since coming to Az. My wife saw the picture and said where the heck were they caught from. I caught walleyes, while growing up in Ohio and fishing Canada every year as I grew up, and miss the catching and eating of them. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Doug is correct, it was last May at Abiquiu in NM. It is only an hour from here so we go there every chance we get after getting tired of picking up antlers, and get our fill of turkeys. Great place to take the kids, they will always hook up some 'eyes.

--Bill

I've never caught a walleye, that's a heck of days fishing there! way to go man!

Bill,

Have you ever canoed down the Chama? I applied for permits a few years, but was never drawn.

Doug

I haven't canoed the Chama, I have fished below the dam a few times trying to pick up some browns, but we usually just fish for walleye and the occasional smallmouth.

--Bill

Sent you a pm Vini.

--Bill

This is why your photo caught my interest. These are Arizona Walleye. My wife and I love to fish these guys and eating is the best!post-1900-1236645375_thumb.jpg

Dick,

That is great, walleye are fun. To me it's like hunting (I'll probably catch some flack for that). You really have to "hunt walleye" or luck into them. In my opinion there isn't a better eating freshwater fish except maybe yellow perch (tiny). If you ever venture into north central NM I'd be glad to point you into some fair 'eye fishing. In a couple months I hope I can post some more pic of these tasty fish.

Fish on,

--Bill

Dick, I"m lost for words. :o :o I didn't know you could catch those here in Az like that. Please tell me where and how. My wife and I are going crazing looking at your post. :)

TJ