Sign in to follow this  

Who wants to start planning a camping trip/ shed hunting trip/ varmit hunting trip for March 12 - 20. I have the entire week off from school and am going to be camping and I want to try to meet some of the guys and gals on this board. I will be camping somewhere around Payson most likely have not decided yet.

hey younghunter, you need to get a girlfriend. a college kid thinkin' o' shed and coyote hunting in spring break seems sorta too serious. take it from me, go to havasu or rocky point for spring break. there'll be lotsa sheds there. girls sheddin' bikins anyway. there will be lots more chances to go huntin', but you only get to be a ignernt kid once. Lark.

Right now I am only in High School and I wish that I could go to Havasu or Rocky Point or Cancun but parents won't let me go to spring break places til I am 18. So I tought why not just do one of my favorite things.

ok, in that case you can go huntin'. don't tell nobody i told ya to go to havasu or rocky point. i don't need arrested fer contributin' to the dee-linquincy of a minor. Lark.

I'm in college and on my spring break I am going camping/ antler hunting for four or five days and I don't see anything wrong with it.

The way that I see it is that the elk only shed their antlers once a year and spring break happens to be at a pretty good time. Also, I won't always be young and stupid, and young and stupid translates into hiking up and down the biggest mountains and biggest canyons until either the soles of my boots or the soles of my feet fall off which usually means finding more sheds. I know that I will have just as much fun as all the kids doing the "normal" college spring break. Plus I am sure that I will spend a lot less money (hopefully even make a little) and not have to recover from the worlds worst hangover.

ok everbody, kwp needs a girlfriend now. anybody got one o' them mail order bride catalogs? yer too serious kwp. man, here's the way i see it. now, i can go to havasu or rocky point and wade in bikinis (or half bikinis) and foxes and go water skiin' and get in fights and all that stuff. or i can go camp in a tent, get rained on, eat beans and hunt fer horns n' coyotes. heck, now that i look at it, it is a hard choice. Lark.

ok everbody, kwp needs a girlfriend now.  anybody got one o' them mail order bride catalogs?  yer too serious kwp.  man, here's the way i see it.  now, i can go to havasu or rocky point and wade in bikinis (or half bikinis) and foxes and go water skiin' and get in fights and all that stuff.  or i can go camp in a tent, get rained on, eat beans and hunt fer horns n' coyotes.  heck, now that i look at it, it is a hard choice.  Lark.

LOL Lark, you said the same thing to me! but i guess it is true, how ever its better to spend money on guns than flowers for a girl! trust me, i just did and and i still have the gun, but not the girl!

LOL I guess I kinda set myself up for that one.

Yeah I may be too serious for somebody my age but that's just me. I never really was into the rowdy party scene but I still know how to have a good time. My addiction is hunting. Probably why I spend way too much time on this website.

Thanks for the male order bride offer but I already have a girlfriend, and she's a hottie :ph34r:

Guest Ernesto C

Well,depending on the situation.......................................sometimes hunting is better than sex :ph34r:

Ernesto C

Trust me after being married for 13 years, there aint nothing better to do than hunt.... :ph34r:

i think all o' you wierdos oughta go campin' together. i'm gonna dye my hair and go to havasu and hunt fer sheds and foxes. Lark.

The girlfriend/Rocky Pt. thing is one of Lark's strategies to give him a head start to the horns. He'll need it to keep up with us young guys. I once used my spring break antler hunting money to pay for my prom date. Should have spent the money on something more productive like a new pair of binos. Would have gotten a lot more out of them. Don't know where that girl is and don't care but I do have some nice shed photos in my hunting album from that spring (76 sheds in 3 days!)

Brian Payne

Young hunter,

Sounds like a good plan for a spring break, a good option too is to catch crappies at roosevelt. If the fishin' is slow, you can check out 24B, 22 and 23, (some of that depends on creek flows). Your parenets are very wise, Lake havasu on spring break is not a good idea. There is nothing good that can come out of a trip like that. You know the old saying, go to Havasu on vacation, go home on probation. I went to Roosevelt to fish every spring break during my college career.........I usually went alone and it was some of the best times I've ever had. Stay on the right track.

Couesi1