So I was shopping on saturday for some new shafts and I saw so many good one's. I' am not really a fan of paying high prices for arrow shafts but between 65$ and below for a dozen shafts what do you guys think is the best hunting arrow for that price range.

either of eastons lower end carbon shafts (excell or epic) are a great value. For the average hunter you cant go wrong with these.

Gold Tips, either the xt hunter($55) or expedition hunters (cheaper , $45). I think those prices are right... Great arrows though, six years shooting them and I still recommend them.

+1 on the goldtip xt hunters. They are the toughest arrows I have used.

I have been using the Beman ICS hunters I have really liked them. They were abour 54 per dozen last time I bought them they were unfletched but I went ahead and did that. I liked them way more than the Gold tip seemed a little nicer.

When i went shopping I really looked into the Gold Tip XT and I think they are the best. But after looking on how all the arrows shoot and tough they were i found the Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme Shaft and from the reviews its a good arrow for a good price. Have you guys ever shot or experienced this arrow if you have what would you reccomend between both arrows, If you have shot the arrow could you please tell me how it groups on shots and or which is more accurate. :rolleyes:

you can get some awesome deals on ebay for all arrows. I use the Easton Axis arrows which you can get on ebay for $49.00. They are normally about 90 to 100.00 arrows.

willhunt4coues how do the easton axis shoot are they more accurate than the Gold tip xt.

I have never shot the gold tip but I can tell you the Axis arrows are some of the best out there. I have actually stuck one in a brick block and it is still true. They are ultra slim and can be very affective at long ranges.

When i went shopping I really looked into the Gold Tip XT and I think they are the best. But after looking on how all the arrows shoot and tough they were i found the Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme Shaft and from the reviews its a good arrow for a good price. Have you guys ever shot or experienced this arrow if you have what would you reccomend between both arrows, If you have shot the arrow could you please tell me how it groups on shots and or which is more accurate. :rolleyes:

When I first got into archery the Cabelas arrows is what I used. I would recommend the Goldtip. I have been using the Goldtip pro hunters for the last 4 years, and they are one of the best in my opinion. The better quality arrow shows up in your practice shooting for some reason, whether they really are better (straightness factor) or not I don't know. Might just be a mental thing. The way I look at it is simple. Go low end on equipment and you always have that for an excuse for poor shots. Go high end and take the equipment out of the equation. Poor shot is then my fault. Hope that made sense. Get the best you can afford. I would go with goldtip over Cabelas.

I have shot the Goldtip xt hunters for a long time now. They are really tough. They are also the most consistantly weighted arrow I have ever found. We weighed 9 different arrows at our local archery shop, and the Goltip xt hunter 55/75 were the top of the list. The worst were the Beeman ICS.

Hey guys how do easton axis arrows shoot.

Axis all the way. If you do not want to pay full price as others had said Ebay or Archery Talk. They are tuff as nails and penetrate like crazy.

And they fly great to!