Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

Online application process

I understand what you are saying Tam, and I apologize if you think I am calling others liberal as an insult. I was just bringing up a valid comparison. Like johnni blaze just said. If there were so many procrastinators that the USPS couldn't handle the volume we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. I think the usps analogy and the computer crash are one in the same. Just my opinion. Trying to keep this civil.

Do you think that the Game and fish should also extend the deadline if usps drops the ball?

Guest 300ultramag.

ha ha im gonna put in for NM now............it appears i have time and with all the talk im pumped up to hunt some elk. Im gonna submit on the 17th and if it crashes I won the pissing match.... CHEERS!

:lol: :lol:

maybe u gals can start a website called online cat fight.com

or start a catFIGHTCLUB ha ha which ones brad pitt...

Roughcut, I don't think G&F should extend if USPS drops the ball. To me they are a third party with no stake in the matter. Since G&F is responsible for making the rules I think they need to be the first ones to play within the rules. This is not a "cut and dry" issue and that's the only reason I got involved in the conversation in the first place. Seemed like everyone wanted to point the finger at the procrastinators and give them ALL the blame. I just wanted to point out that in my opinion G&F deserved some of the blame as well.

The procrastinators aren't perfect angels either. If you choose to live that way sooner or later it will catch up with you!

I believe the first thing I said about this topic was that there are two sides to every coin. I still don't believe there is one single side in this issue that is without some blame.

No offense taken by your comments or anyone else's for that matter. To me it's all just good discussion with different opinions and views.

so I just did my taxes last night. yes I procrastinated - just like most people. did not have one hiccup with Intuit's TurboTax website. you don't think there are thousands of people hitting this site right now?

this is the difference between the private sector and the public sector.

This is where I was going with USPS. Yes, they are a third party. The problem that occured with game and fish was also a 3rd party issue(The company they chose to host their site). They are the ones who " dropped the ball". I guess this is what I don't understand, how is this different. What if Qwest or Cable ONE or Cox had some system wide outage, should G&F grant an extension for this.

This statement released by game and fish settles this issue. Why they didn't release it before the initial deadline who knows.

"Online applicants are encouraged to apply early to avoid missing the deadline because of forgotten passwords or other computer-related issues at the last minute. Late applications will not be accepted."

Why are they now sticking to their guns. It's completely rediculous.

I feel like we're beating a dead horse. The only point I was trying to make is that ther are two sides to every coin and that procrastinators do not deserve ALL the blame. I believe that the blame is to be shared between the procrastinators and the NM G&F. Thats it. In my opinion they're both at fault.

As I recall, AZ had to extend the deadline one year as well. There is a difference between "forgetting passwords" and having their entire system crash. It wasn't just their application computer than crashed, it was the entire system. I talked to a guy in accounting and he said that even the accounting computers were down. They had a colossal failure and that would have been hard to wiggle out of. Some agencies allow Postmarks to suffice, Arizona doesn't. You can't wait too long with the mail process either. Just because the mail man or the UPS guy doesn't get it there in time does not mean that the state has to change the rules. If NM has any heartache with this computer stuff- they need to take it up with there IT guys.

On another note, the AZGFD is completely wrong to have their MAIN phone number as the one you call to check the draw results. The public has absolutely no way of conducting business with them during this time. They have a lot of other things going on besides the draw. They need a different number you can call so that they don't keep the main number out of service. What a nice few days to work there- especially if you are an operator! You wouldn't have to field a single call!

None of these systems are perfect, but they know there will be a crunch and they need to prepare for it. It is easy enough to do in the private sector but they have tenured Govt employees who either don't have the expertise to do it or are constrained but other reasons. I hope they fix it because they will make one side or the other mad no matter what course they take should it continue to happen!