Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

Online application process

Anyone else having fits getting this done?? For three straight days we have tried to get this done and the website is either down or so bogged down that it times out about 3/4th through the process. On top of that, their phone lines are down...

I thought Arizona was bad- if they don't extend the deadline, they will have some serious retributions from folks! :angry: :angry:

Wait until the last minute huh? I know it has been slow today but hadn't heard of anybody having problems for 3 days. I double checked all of my apps Monday with no delays. As far as not extending it, why should they? The online system has been active since January, to me 3 months is plenty of time. Good luck getting them in--just keep trying.

Kevin

it took me about 45 minutes yesterday to get my ID and apply for antelope, deer and elk.

Its because everyone waits till the last day to get it done!!

I had no problems whatsoever 2 weeks ago...

Come on Wheeler peak bighorn tag and Ibex tag(although I'm not holding my breath!!!!)

Well Catclaw, you got your wish. I just got word that the deadline was extended to the 17th at 5:00 so you have another couple weeks.

Kevin

Well Catclaw, you got your wish. I just got word that the deadline was extended to the 17th at 5:00 so you have another couple weeks.

Kevin

BUSH LEAGUE!!!

Why cater to the procrastinators?? It's been up for 3 1/2 months now!!

Oh wait... money.

If that is true, that is the biggest most rediculous pile of horses#!t I have ever heard!!! Truely Unbeleivable.

Speaking of retributions..... I am sure they will definately get it now, more so than if they stuck to their guns.

Way to pander to the under achievers NM

They have done this nearly everytime since the online application have been available. There were people calling the commisioners because it was unfair. Others couldn't remember their passwords. I agree with you guys, they should stick to their guns and teach folks a lesson. But, as in most of society, G&F is affraid to get sued or to offend someone. Of course the extra application fees they'll get by extending it won't be turned down either.

You know what's scarier? Within 2 years all applications will be online. Their system can't handle the rush on the last day now, imagine what it will be like when all applicants have to be done online.

Kevin

There is two sides to every coin guys. Perhaps it is helping the procrastinators, but at the same time the New Mexico G&F should pony up and get a computer system that will handle the work load. As mentioned in a previous post they are well aware of the flood of last minute customers on the deadline day.

I'm not sure how it is the customers fault that the NM G&F's computers took a dump?

On the way back from town today on the radio (770) they talked a bit about the draw being extended,

the story said the game and fish sight took 1.5 million hits since yesterday and crashed. They also said the reason for the extra time was people could not get the new id number. I do not agree with that, we all know technology is not the greatest thing in the world to count on so like others have said, why wait to the last day?

Also how much will this effect the draw odds by adding the extra time.

I'm not sure how it is the customers fault that the NM G&F's computers took a dump?

I am.. it took a dump cuz there was 2 million procrastinators who crashed it by waiting til the last possible moment to try and get their apps in all at the exact same time!!

That was easy enough...

TAM, your're right, there are two sides of every coin. However, should the Department "pony up" to buy a system to handle two days a year (application deadline and drawing results) where traffic is multitudes higher or should we as the customers figure out that in the 5 years or so the system has been around that it will undoubtably crash on those two days? I'd prefer my tax dollars be spent on something that would be more useful than a two day use. I doubt Amanda, or any other web site manager for that matter, would spend the money it would take to handle an additional 1.5 million hits for two days a year when the server she currently uses handles the other 363 days efficiently.

I agree that the G&F could do a lot of things better, and I rarely defend them. However, I'm old school when it comes to placing some responsibility on the user. Afterall, its not a right but, a priveledge to apply for hunts in the first place.

Kevin

I am.. it took a dump cuz there was 2 million procrastinators who crashed it by waiting til the last possible moment to try and get their apps in all at the exact same time!!

That was easy enough...

What's wrong with that (procrastination)? G&F clearly advertised that they were accepting applications online through April 8th. People were simply complying within that set of rules. Yes, perhaps they did procrastinate, but they were still applying within the proper time frame and they don't deserve to be shut out because the G&F's computers crashed. The customers were playing within the rules that G&F set up and G&F dropped the ball. Plain and simple.

What's wrong with that (procrastination)?

I clearly answered that in the previous post.. PROCRASTINATORS crashed the system! NMGF didnt crash it themselves... the servers can't handle the mad dash at the last minute.

No matter what is said concerning this fiasco to you, you will continue to place the blame on the G&F, and we will continue to place the blame on the procrastinators for this mess.. you say potato, I say potatoe. Thus we will ALL continue to be flustered by this mess and will ALL wait for the new deadline to come and go..