Sign in to follow this  
Coues Archer

What arrow is better.

Hey guys this week I'am going to cabelas and am thinking of getting a dozen arrows. My choices are either pse carbon force predator arrows the gold tip expedtion hunter arrows or the easton ST Axis arrows. From experiences what arrow would you guys prefer.

The Pse predator is a fine arrow. The Gold tip should be an XT hunter not the expedition, specs out the same as the pse and still a little less money. I have never tried the eastons, I'm just too cheap.

I have the Pse and Gold tips, both shoot well if you get the correct spine for your setup. Lately it's been the GT's because I can get them for 15.00 less for a dozen shafts.

Kent

I like the gold tips. I used one of them to kill a whitetail and two weeks later shot an elk with the same arrow. That arrow is retired on the wall now and could probably be used again. ;)

I can get them for 15.00 LESS than the pse, 70.00 compared to 85.00, that's for shafts with nocs and inserts included.

Kent

Guys while i was shopping I came across a killer deal on some easton axis arrows but the problem was that they were size 340 and with me draw weight and size i need a size 400. I was wondering what would happen if i were to shoot a size 340 I'am pretty sure since its bigger that it will shoot slower or have less accuracy but are there any advantages or disadvantages of having a bigger size arrow to your bow. please help!

How close are you to being spined correctly? What's your draw wt and arrow length? Being grossly under or over spined is never good, there's no way to really tune your bow. You have to let your setup determine your arrow spine, can't change your bow to just any arrow. Of course if your max distance is short, like 30 yds, anything will work.

Kent

with the heavier arrow it will fly slower, but it will hit harder, idk about what arrow as i have never used any that you want, but if you are looking for speed dont get the heavier, if you want penetration then get the heavier, but if it is spined right like krp said then it is just your preference and what you want

i personally have shot gold tips and easton axis sts and fmjs and have went back and forth between the arrows.the only reason i don;t like the gold tips is they are really light but they are very inexpensive. I am going to go ahead and stick with the easton it seems for me i get better penetration with them and are able to get my broadheads to spin up better. If i were you i would go ahead and spend the extra money and get the eastons i still have arrows from the first dozen i bought in 04 and actually have one arrow that i have shot 3 different animals with and it still good to go.