Coues 'n' Sheep

New Rigs??? Archery season is coming!

My New Rig:

- 32" Bow Madness @ 28"/70lbs/80% letoff

- PSE Orion 5-pin site (Soon to upgrade to a Tru Glo Extreme 8-Pin micro adjust)

- Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter fall away rest

- Vibracheck Omega stabilizer

- Tru-Peep peep site

- Scott Little Bitty Goose release

- PSE 1-Piece 4 arrow quiver

- Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 5575's w/ 2" Quick Fletch Twister Vanes

post-721-1242707503_thumb.jpg

post-721-1242707629_thumb.jpg

post-721-1242707709_thumb.jpg

No one ever talks about Darton, so I'll give them some love. Here's my 2009 PRO 2500

It's about 34" axle to axle, 7" BH, 65# @ 27" and very fast, accurate, quite. Currently, I've got a Tru Glo Extreme 7 pin site, Alpine 5 arrow Soft-Loc quiver, and a Trophy Taker Pronghorn rest set up on it.

post-2628-1242963971.jpg

Finally made it down to Tucson yesterday and picked up my new rig from Chapman Archery. Tinkered with her a bit today as well, trying to get felt in all the right places. Shot her a bit yesterday, looking to head out tonight and do some more, the X-Forces sure are shootin sob's. I've got it at 67 lbs, shooting a 385 grain x-weave at 325 fps. Aybody tells you that speed bows or short brace heights hinder accuracy, I've already knocked three fletchings off my new arrows, these bows can flat out group. Also, anybody down in Tucson who hasn't been over to check out George Chapman and the little bowshop he runs, you are missing out. George is retired from PSE, been in the industry for 50 some odd years, he was buiding bows in a garage with Pete before PSE ever came out this way, George flat knows his stuff!

Here are some pics of the new rig:

'09 PSE X-force Dream Season

Phantom Drop away rest

Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

Copper John Sight

post-3277-1243729205_thumb.jpg

post-3277-1243729240_thumb.jpg

Nice set-up there,

I've heard some good things about Mr. Chapman. But I can't and wouldn't stray too far from Jesse at Saguaro in Tuc . Is that the G5 peep and how do you like it? Not completely sold on them myself. how much dampening effect or increase arrow speed from a peep anyways, would be interesting to see, really?. You might have to invest in a bitz with all the tight groups. if you don't already have one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Peace

Thinking hard about a bitz, just knocked another fletch off tonight. I'm thinking I didn't use the right glue when I set these up, although my arrows are stacked when one pops off, they just seem a little fragile this time. That is a G5 June, like you said I'm not sure how much difference a peep can make. I bought one a few years back and put it on my old rig, just wanted the 1/4'' option and the G5 is what I saw first. No problems with them.

Right On DubTee,

I like a bigger peep also. I've used that new Gorilla glue. Their version of the super glue. Holds blazers on great. They can and are tough to get set, as you know. Better then that goat stuff. Haven't tried to remove any of that glue from the shaft yet. I hope it comes off but it is that stout. Have fun with your new rig.. Peace

is it my imagination or should coues-n-sheep have bought the bow madness i offered him?? seems that pse is the deal this year. i won the madness at a banquet and rolled money into crossbow. i did put 3 arrows through her and she shot super sweet.

i am looking to get the 82nd airborne, part of the profits are being donated to TAPS or Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors. Gr8 bow and a good way to help those who have served.

i am looking to get the 82nd airborne, part of the profits are being donated to TAPS or Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors. Gr8 bow and a good way to help those who have served.

+1

Stand up company right there, and that bow is a shooter!

DubTee,

I see you got the X Force with the greater brace height (Dream Season). Did you try the 6" version as well? Just curious how much loss of accuracy there is for the additional 10fps.

I have not shot the regular GX or the 6 incher. I have a long draw length so I knew that I would be pushin around 330 fps with the 7 incher, so with speed not a problem I figured I would take the bit of forgiveness the Dreamseason offers over the regular GX. I know plenty of guys who shoot the 6 incher and love it. Good form and follow through is a little more important with any shorter brace height bow, the 6 should not be any less accurate if you shoot it correctly.

hi guys dead line is today for the new rigs! The same old equipment from last year but i wanted to brag a bit i guess!!!lol I upgraded my rangefinders and picked up the Swarovski Rangefinders from Criaglist from this nice eldery gentlemen that purchased them for his Elk hunt last year! Guys I really did steal them from this guy but i paid exactly what he asked for them and he sold his 10x40 ELs for 1000.......I paid 500 for this bad boys! I went out and used them this weekend and they ranged up to 1900 plus yards! Swarovski continue to blow everyone away!!!!!