The truth is is that true science is on our side. The only way these nut cases will take away our rights is strickly through political means. Thats why we should all be politacaly involved, even if we hate it, (I sure do).

Are you all aware of "The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation". Not sure what group was the spearhead for it but I think the RMEF had a lot to do with it. I believe it got backing by the bush whitehouse.

On top of being the model conservation is based on it in a way is also an education program to try to educate the general public on the topic of the importance fo hunting. I got to see the video, made by the RMEF made on the topic, last semester and it was GREAT. If you all get a chance watch it or get a copy, about $15 from RMEF.

Here are some links.

http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/PubsTV/Bu...res/NAModel.htm

http://joomla.wildlife.org/index.php?id=17...t&task=view

Well I received my response. I am now a violent, weak person, who dismisses the needs of others, I have devasted the forest etc.....

In the last few days now, I am the above, plus a right wing extremist, what next.

Dear Keith:

Thank you for contacting the Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting.

There are many reasons why we want to abolish sport hunting. Using a weapon to intentionally kill an animal that poses no threat to you or to anyone else is an unnecessarily violent act. We believe that the world is already too violent and that any increase in the amount of violence is not needed. When we're violent we dismiss the needs, feeling and suffering of others, and that makes us weak inside and lesser people.

Perpetuating the sport of hunting also devastates the forest and the areas where hunted wildlife live. Former PA state wildlife biologist Gary Alt has stated that state wildlife agencies have responded to hunters who ask for more deer to kill but they have ruined the forest in the process. State game agencies manipulate wild areas to benefit certain game species at the expense of the other species who are living there. When state hunting agencies clear cut tracts of land to create suitable habitat for deer, they devastate the animals who need dense woods to thrive. Hunting agencies are not concerned with helping all wildlife, they want to "help" only those they will be able to shoot (or trap or otherwise kill).

Hunting is a sport that has the sole purpose of keeping itself alive. Game birds are bred and dumped on hunting grounds so hunters can enjoy killing them. There's no conservation value in abandoning birds who are unlikely to survive the winter. Canned hunting, where hunters pay a hefty price to kill exotic species or domestic species (meaning indigenous, as opposed to domesticated) who have been artificially bred to display desirable physical characteristics, also has no conservation value. The practice serves only to make the owners of the hunting ranches wealthy and to give violent people animals to kill.

Hunters also cannot be trusted to obey the law. I used to believe that the great majority of hunters were honest about obeying game laws and honoring the limits on hunting seasons, but after relocating the C.A.S.H. office to New Mexico I have seen evidence of poaching since the height of the summer. You don't drive very far along a rural desert road before you see either headless deer dumped on the side of the road or cattle who have been shot and left to rot.

And one cannot ignore the reality that hunting is a dangerous sport. Every year hunters are killed and maimed in hunting accidents. From accidental weapons discharges to not properly identifying a target to falling from a tree stand and everything in between, hunting tragically claims the lives of hundreds wounds thousands more every year. This is not something that anyone would want to happen to a child, yet, our statistics show that more than 13% of all hunting accidents victimize children age 17 and younger.

It is far better to experience the outdoors through activities such as camping, hiking, wildlife watching and photography. Those are just a few of my thoughts, but in general, the world will be a better place with fewer violent people and I don't think that can be argued against very successfully.

We understand that many people do not share our opinion when it comes to sport hunting, trapping and the role state and federal wildlife agencies play in creating many of the problems associated with wildlife. We hope that in time, as you continue to read The C.A.S.H. Courier and website, you will change your opinion and come to share our views.

Sincerely,

Joe Miele

Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting

P.O. Box 13815

Las Cruces, NM 88013

This was my reply

I don't understand how you would stereotype a group of people like that. I am a hunter and have never been in trouble with the law in my life, I have several friends who are the same. We Volunteer with groups and help with youth activities some involve hunting, but most don't, we teach our kids right and wrong and how to respect others and how to respect our country. The way you describe it is that hunters go out and murder animals just for their heads, that is simply a blanket statement that makes you feel better when it isn't true. More people die in car accidents, by mistakes made at hospitals, falling in their home, and many other ways before you get down to hunting accidents, I wonder if you protest those accidents as well. Humans have hunted since their existence, I don't care if you believe in God or not, but in the bible it is ok to hunt, and if you believe in evolution then you have to know hunting is ok. People that watch the Disney stuff and the talking animals and believe that that is the way it is , or that they might evolve into that are the ones who hate hunters (and people) for the most part, and think the world would be a better place without humans. I will never convert you to my way of thinking, you know the life, liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness way of thinking, but then again the same people that hate me for being a hunter, hate the way this country was created, they hate what this country stands for, they are the same people that believe that if everyone was exactly the same, with exactly the same income, exactly the same thoughts, exactly the same looks, that would be great, If you are one of those people then I actually feel sorry for you, I hope you don't brainwash your own kids; and allow them to learn and have their own feelings. I pray for you, Take care and God bless.

Keith Gaines

Keith,

Atleast you got a response..... :rolleyes: ...however pathetic it was. :angry: I on the other hand got no response! My feelings are hurt that this guy won't personally judge me in an email!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody needs to do a background check on that guy....relocated to New Mexico.....and why????? From where???

Come on last name Miele?????

I grew up in New Mexico, rural New Mexico, we (I) learned to drive down the middle of the road and scoot over to our side when one of the two vehicles we would see that day approached. Don't ever recall seeing animals with their heads chopped off on the side of any dirt roads or the few paved roads that exist in that state.

Showed my 11 year old just yesterday how to do the Tokyo Drift on a dirt road, something I learned on the dirt roads of New Mexico.

Learned from my dad how to put a pig down, gut and butcher with the least amount of "suffering" to the animal and then how to cook the meat.

Learned from my brothers how to take wild game and take care of the meat so it didn't spoil.

Also learned how to get unlost and what to do better next time so I didn't get lost.

Been stuck in the mud and snow on hunting trips more times that I would like to admit, had to spend the night out with a fire waiting for morning to get dug out, had my wife, three young boys, sister in law and two young girls........great learning experience, we were prepared and my kids knew it and weren't scared.

We do alot of things with our kids as hunters and a very high percentage of those activities are character building and teaching experiences. I can't imagine what I would substitute for that time spent with my boys out in the hills and praries of the country.

Thanks to those who pushed for this turkey hunt that gives me one more chance to take my boy out and have a great time hanging out with him in an environment and setting that we both enjoy.

What a bunch of morons. I wonder how much tarp Money they got.