jnobleinaz

atv street legal ticket

I don't know what happened since I wasn't there and I have only heard one side of the story, but if you feel wronged file a complaint, it sounds like you did all the fixing needed and are now legal so hopefully you won't have the problem again. Good luck in court.

The way i read this post is that John thought it would have been nice to warned not that he was playing the ignorance game--also, the thing that i read was that the Sheriff was being a jerk to John and that was John's chief complaint.

Now, all of that said, we all have bad days--maybe the Sheriff was having one of those days--they are just people like the rest of us.

I am glad you posted this John--i need to get some things fixed on my quad before i take them back out and your misfortune just may have saved me a bunch of headaches!!

For all of you LE's out there--you chose the job you have--and there should be no thanks needed. We all do our job and that is what makes this world go around.

+1

Very well said!

This is a funny topic! If we were talking about an illegal alien, drunk driver, child abuser, pedaphile, rapist, murderer, terrorist, poacher, trail cam stealing thief, or OJ Simpson everyone would be saying throw the book at 'em. So what's the difference? When a person breaks the law they should pay the price.

I don't get it. It sounds like the LEO did exactly what our tax dollars are paying him to do.

here-here TAM.

It's not like it's a new law. You can bet your bottom dollar that 10 outta 10 folks that sheriff stops know they are breaking the law, and are hoping they wont get caught... or if they do get caught - they are planning to talk their way out of it. That's gotta get old to listen to as an officer of the law. We have camped in areas that have been SO ravaged by jag-offs who think the forest is their playground, dump, litter box, dirt track... I was glad to hear steps were being taken to protect the forest... that enforcement and action has to be paid for through license fees and violations - not warnings.

If I got caught - and I have tried to fly under the radar a few times b4 I got my bikes licensed and insured - I'd take what they gave me, and take it quietly... rather than point out what a weener the sheriff was. I would much more enjoy reading about how someone, for no apparent reason, was were rudely confronted while obeying all the laws and rules... because of the uncalled for treatment the person being mistreated felt obliged to tell the officer to piss-up-a-tree... and there wasnt a darn thing he could do about it.

I'm sure all the guys that said this sort of reply would feel differently if they were in the situation. If I knew I was in violation, I would have never been, because I would have did this mc plate before. I understood that all we needed was an OHV sticker and we were good to go. So dont tell me this garbage about taking it. Now I'm starting to get pissed off because people want to jump on the bandwagon. To the other post, that said enforce the law. Ya thats great. But I myself thought it was a waste of time. So you are telling me as being self employed having to take a day off of work in my busy season to drive up to flagstaff and sit in a court is worth it. Come on. A warning would have resulted in the same action I have taken all week with getting these bikes ready. Most of you guys dont know me. If you did you probably wouldnt say the things you are saying. I consider myself a nice guy and try to be cordial. I am sure that if this happened to one of YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS your comments would not be the same. And if it would be then you are a jackass also. I would never say some of the remarks made that some of you have to any of you in this situation. Everyone is big behind the keyboard though.

This is a funny topic! If we were talking about an illegal alien, drunk driver, child abuser, pedaphile, rapist, murderer, terrorist, poacher, trail cam stealing thief, or OJ Simpson everyone would be saying throw the book at 'em. So what's the difference? When a person breaks the law they should pay the price.

I don't get it. It sounds like the LEO did exactly what our tax dollars are paying him to do.

here-here TAM.

It's not like it's a new law. You can bet your bottom dollar that 10 outta 10 folks that sheriff stops know they are breaking the law, and are hoping they wont get caught... or if they do get caught - they are planning to talk their way out of it. That's gotta get old to listen to as an officer of the law. We have camped in areas that have been SO ravaged by jag-offs who think the forest is their playground, dump, litter box, dirt track... I was glad to hear steps were being taken to protect the forest... that enforcement and action has to be paid for through license fees and violations - not warnings.

If I got caught - and I have tried to fly under the radar a few times b4 I got my bikes licensed and insured - I'd take what they gave me, and take it quietly... rather than point out what a weener the sheriff was. I would much more enjoy reading about how someone, for no apparent reason, was were rudely confronted while obeying all the laws and rules... because of the uncalled for treatment the person being mistreated felt obliged to tell the officer to piss-up-a-tree... and there wasnt a darn thing he could do about it.

I'm sure all the guys that said this sort of reply would feel differently if they were in the situation. If I knew I was in violation, I would have never been, because I would have did this mc plate before. I understood that all we needed was an OHV sticker and we were good to go. So dont tell me this garbage about taking it. Now I'm starting to get pissed off because people want to jump on the bandwagon. To the other post, that said enforce the law. Ya thats great. But I myself thought it was a waste of time. So you are telling me as being self employed having to take a day off of work in my busy season to drive up to flagstaff and sit in a court is worth it. Come on. A warning would have resulted in the same action I have taken all week with getting these bikes ready. Most of you guys dont know me. If you did you probably wouldnt say the things you are saying. I consider myself a nice guy and try to be cordial. I am sure that if this happened to one of YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS your comments would not be the same. And if it would be then you are a jackass also. I would never say some of the remarks made that some of you have to any of you in this situation. Everyone is big behind the keyboard though.

I have on my desk in front of me as I type this a traffic citation from a Prescott motorcyle officer. It's dated 4/22/09. I was going 45+ in a construction zone posted at 35 mph. This area is normally a 55 mph road, but because it was under construction and I wasn't paying attention to the newly posted signs and I was caught speeding fair and square. While I was disappointed with myself for the stupid and costly mistake I told the officer I was in the wrong and deserved the ticket. I broke the law so I will pay the consequences. The officer tried to explain that if I wanted to dispute the citation I could appear in court and fight it. I told him I had no intentions of fighting it because I was wrong and got caught. I'm also self employed and will have to spend the necessary time away from work to get it resolved.

Please don't call me a hyprocrite because I'm not! I'm not a jackass either. I just believe in honoring the laws. And please don't try and suggest that this is apples to oranges because it's not. It's exactly the same. Laws are laws no matter how big or small we may think they are. If a person breaks them they deserve to pay the consequences. Period.

You are right I don't know you and I'm sure you are a good person, but at the same time I don't care if you are my mother you still got caught breaking the law and now you must pay the consequences.

here-here TAM.

I have on my desk in front of me as I type this a traffic citation from a Prescott motorcyle officer. It's dated 4/22/09. I was going 45+ in a construction zone posted at 35 mph. This area is normally a 55 mph road, but because it was under construction and I wasn't paying attention to the newly posted signs and I was caught speeding fair and square. While I was disappointed with myself for the stupid and costly mistake I told the officer I was in the wrong and deserved the ticket. I broke the law so I will pay the consequences. The officer tried to explain that if I wanted to dispute the citation I could appear in court and fight it. I told him I had no intentions of fighting it because I was wrong and got caught. I'm also self employed and will have to spend the necessary time away from work to get it resolved.

Please don't call me a hyprocrite because I'm not! I'm not a jackass either. I just believe in honoring the laws. And please don't try and suggest that this is apples to oranges because it's not. It's exactly the same. Laws are laws no matter how big or small we may think they are. If a person breaks them they deserve to pay the consequences. Period.

You are right I don't know you and I'm sure you are a good person, but at the same time I don't care if you are my mother you still got caught breaking the law and now you must pay the consequences.

Tim, my Friend, you always say it EXATCLY LIKE IT IS!!! ;) :lol: You da man! There are those days when I wish I had forgotten how to not be "sugar coated"! <_< :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: You said it and now I have to say..... AMEN and +1! ;)

There has been plenty of warning. The AG&F website has posted the new rules for awhile and specifically mentions which tags are needed for what types of roads you are on//

I'm new to CWT.com and believe that some of Arizona's finest outdoorsman frequent this website and enjoy its postings. I have read many posting about several different topics and have received a lot of good information. However after sitting back and reading this topic over the past few days I felt it was necessary to voice my opinion. (i.e. "I am disrespecting the profession."

"

I have no issues with someone trying to warn others about possible civil citations they could receive while enjoying our outdoors. The issue is when you start throwing out there "A-Hole" and that "you haven't wanted to punch someone that bad in the face in a long time," or something along those lines. In my opinion the citations were valid in this case. If you ask why??? It's simple you were breaking the law. Maybe next time you won't just try and suggest all the different options to try and get out of the citation such as ("I will park my HOV on the side of the road and bring my truck back here to pick them up," or "I could understand if we were driving like idiots").

And please don't say that just because you have been on a few ride along’s you would have any idea what LE officer’s job is. Until you walk in the boots of a LE Officer day in and day out and see and feel the type of things that they do, then maybe you could go ahead and attack there character. I take pride everyday on putting on my uniform. I'm not looking for any sympathy from anyone else, because I chose my profession and accept the consequences of what could happen. But you don't hear anyone trying to tell you how to do your job. LE Officer's have discretion in writing civil citaions, and in this case this Deputy used his in writing you a citation for the violations you were committing.

Also for your comment indicating that you are being forced to take a day off of work to go Flagstaff, that just isn’t the case at all. I know for a fact that the court I issue citations into you can just pay for your fines over the phone without having to set a foot in the courtroom. However since you want to exercise your right to talk to the judge, don't complain about having to miss a day of work when you have an option of not having to go. TAM is right on in his opinion by accepting responsibility for his actions and not passing the blame onto others.

There are members of this website that have posted comments on this issue that know me personally and can vogue for my character. I consider myself a fair officer and I would say 9 out of 10 traffic stops I would issue a verbal warning. So please don’t be fooled in my writing.

P.S. Just because people post there opinion that may not agree with yours doesn't mean they are jumping on the bandwagon.

This is getting stupid. There are pictures of me on here look at them. i will be at the deer Banquet. Feel free to come up and give me your opinion face to face this banging back and forth on the computer is a joke. I cant believe their are such morons that don't have the common courtesy to read a post and not write down something stupid. Like "Break the law pay the consequences" You guys are a complete joke. I'm sure if you got these tickets you would offer him to go to dinner or something. And a couple of you I thought were decent, since you are friends with a couple buddies of mine have changed that image completely. You failed to miss the simple point of me NOT KNOWING! And for the state when you register your atv they should not give you the option of an rv plate. It should just be mc plates. We just got these atv last year for my dads sheep hunt. I am new to these laws. I was not looking for sympathy, actually when I posted this dang thing I didnt even want a reply. But no, someone has to try and ruffle feathers. tell ya what here is my pic. Come up and say hi and give me your opinions. I seriously doubt some of these things would be said face to face. As for me I will not be back on this site for a long time. maybe never. You guys just dont get it. Just because something is posted doesn't mean you have to open your mouth. Sometimes just shut up and read the interior message of the post. Whish was. "dang I GOT THESE TICKETS> THIS SUCKS I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS> SO IF YOU ARE READING IT AND DO NOT HAVE YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH MC PLATES AND INSURANCE THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!" Not for you guys to try and smack my hands with the ruler and say bad boy go sit in the corner. LATER wont be back. You guys pissed me off! post-1636-1241616489_thumb.jpg

Dang, John..... :rolleyes: U pulled down your drawers and Mooned the crowd.... and then got snapped in the Arse as you bent over to pull your britches back up.... it happens! :rolleyes: :lol: Get over it.... You expected that everyone would agree with you and they didn't.... This is a forum.... people express their Opinions here! If you are not willing to hear the other side of a "hot topic" then don't be the first guy to lay your backside out for a lashing! ;) :lol: You made a mistake, got a ticket, and was mad about it!! We all get that.... but you focussed your anger at the wrong person... and although a warning would have been great, I assure you that your mistake and the beating you have taken here has saved many tickets to other members..... so find some comfort in that. Attend to getting legal for next time and FUGGETABOUT IT! Hope to see you post some scounting pics next time you go out instead of a picture of a ticket! ;)

This is getting stupid. There are pictures of me on here look at them. i will be at the deer Banquet. Feel free to come up and give me your opinion face to face this banging back and forth on the computer is a joke. I cant believe their are such morons that don't have the common courtesy to read a post and not write down something stupid. Like "Break the law pay the consequences" You guys are a complete joke. I'm sure if you got these tickets you would offer him to go to dinner or something. And a couple of you I thought were decent, since you are friends with a couple buddies of mine have changed that image completely. You failed to miss the simple point of me NOT KNOWING! And for the state when you register your atv they should not give you the option of an rv plate. It should just be mc plates. We just got these atv last year for my dads sheep hunt. I am new to these laws. I was not looking for sympathy, actually when I posted this dang thing I didnt even want a reply. But no, someone has to try and ruffle feathers. tell ya what here is my pic. Come up and say hi and give me your opinions. I seriously doubt some of these things would be said face to face. As for me I will not be back on this site for a long time. maybe never. You guys just dont get it. Just because something is posted doesn't mean you have to open your mouth. Sometimes just shut up and read the interior message of the post. Whish was. "dang I GOT THESE TICKETS> THIS SUCKS I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS> SO IF YOU ARE READING IT AND DO NOT HAVE YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH MC PLATES AND INSURANCE THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!" Not for you guys to try and smack my hands with the ruler and say bad boy go sit in the corner. LATER wont be back. You guys pissed me off! post-1636-1241616489_thumb.jpg

So after a post like this with all the name calling and complaints are we still supposed to believe that when you got your tickets you acted like a perfect angel and the LEO was the one acting out of line? You made the comment earlier that you didn't like how the LEO treated you like a 7 year old. So far on this topic you have treated myself and others that have different opinions than yours like we are the seven year olds. No wonder you didn't get a warning!

Good luck with the citations :)

Maybe I don't get it, you post something on a forum and expect nobody to respond to your post? You were treated like a 7 year old, and you make statements like "come up and give me your opinion face to face" are you serious is this junior high? It all makes sense now.

By your post it sounds like you were driving down a paved road (street) not a mantained dirt road either in Munds Park or Morman Lake probably going to the store, any other vehicle is required to obey traffic laws and carry insurance. An ATV is a motorized vehicle.

I guess I just don't get how someone can post a topic like this and make these statements that he made in the first post (wanting to punching the officer in the face) and expect not to get responses. Get over it, you got a ticket, so what!

File a complaint if the officer was unprofessional, pay your fine then move on. Don't be made because things are not going the way you want them to and you're not getting sympathy from everyone on this site because your ignorance of ATV laws. They are available to everyone and are nothing new. I don't think anyone is trying to smack your hands with a ruler, I think it's all in response to your attitude about this experience. "You guys are a complete joke" come on, you're the only one name calling and now your actions are what are a complete joke!

Wow! Has anyone seen any big Coues Lately ;) . A lot of you have made some great points. I also understand the frustration John is going through if he did indeed meet a sour officer. There are a few of you who have posted that are officers and sounds like you are the cream of the crop. I thank you for your service and putting your lives on the line daily for us. I have a couple of good friends who are officers and i know what they go through daily. One of them had his partner and best friend kill in front of him in the line of duty. he will never be the same because of it. I have not had a ticket in many Years but when i was young i had about 4 of them. As TAM said i was in the wrong each time and had no one to blame but myself. I was respectful and couteous in each situation toward the officer. In three of those situations the officer was respectful and treated me right. In one of those situations the officer was a complete Jerk and was yelling at me treating me like i was a felon for rolling around a corner without making a complete stop. Years later i learned that this Peoria Officer was fired for his abusive behavior toward the public. Just yesterday I saw something that amazed me and is the reason I decided to post to this thread, I was sitting at a off ramp and two cars in front of me was a guy who was stopped at a yield sign waiting for traffic to clear. The outside lane had a steady line of traffic but the inside lane was clear. the guy looked nervous and was waiting for the lanes to clear before turning. There was a Motorcyle officer behind him. The officer was yelling at him to just go. After a couple of seconds the officer got on his intercom and yelled I said go and was throwing his arms around. The guy could have went but was just playing it safe before proceeding. Everyone in the cars around were shocked at the officers actions. I thought maybe he is going to a call are in a hurry to get somewhere. After we got around the corner the officer peeled into a Circle-K and stood there relaxing as he took off his helmet and walked inside to get a soda or something. As with everthing in life there are good and bad ones. I am sure we each work with someone who is obnoxiuos and conducts themselves like a jerk. Sorry for rambling. John I hope your next encounter with the law is more pleasant and I hope you dont leave as you are a great hunter. I have always enjoyed your Hunting storys and Pictures.

A loooonnng time ago I got a ticket for doing 50mph in a 25mph zone.............in reverse. I knew I deserved it and did not blame the officer for writing me a ticket, besides, I had went to school with him :rolleyes:

What does this have to do with this post?????.............good question :P

When are the draw results for this fall going to come out???? Is it too early to start speculating???? Let's hear first from those that have friends or family who work at G&F.