bowhunter4life

any body been out fishin

Tommy,

I think it's just still a little early for the crappie.  Usually picks up shortly after mid-April.  The real question is what was the water temp?  We have only had a few hot days around here, I think the water is still cold.

I am hoping to go out to San Carlos Lake in the next couple weeks.  If I have any luck, I will let you know. 

Also, I have heard from some people that have fished SC this spring, that the bite has been terrible in the morning and much better after 4 pm.

Amanda

Well, Roosevelt is 3x as big as it was last year, so it will probably take a little longer to warm up than usual. Plus, a lot of cold mountain water is still pouring into the Salt arm of the lake.

They never stop do they, It makes me sick to know that this organization is around, and some people (only idiots) support it....... :D

The water temps are up in the high 60's, so technically the crappie should have already spawned but the majority have not. The full moon last weekend should get the crappie going (hopefully)!

KP

Here in Oklahoma, crappie are biting like mad. Sand bass and largemouth aren't too bad either.

Last month I went to Missouri on a little r&r with my family. My son was begging to go fishing, so we went down to lake Taneycomo and caught the most beautiful brown trout I have ever seen (trying not to be too biased here). :ph34r: I'll try to post a pic or 2.

-Shiras

That is a pretty awesom Brown. Are you going to get it mounted.

That is a pretty awesom Brown. Are you going to get it mounted.

I've thought of having a replica made of it....but I have to wait because my wife has made allusions that I may be getting it for my birthday. We'll see....-Shiras

Shiras, that is just about a beautiful German Brown! Back in my fishin' days of 20+ years ago, I always hoped for one like that. Never got it done, and gave up. Congrats, and thanks for posting.

kphunter, I read your entire article, believe it or not. Sure don't know what any of it means, but thanks for posting here. Stick around................and don't be shy, okay?

It doesn't have anything to do with crappie but I just got back from Big Lake a few hours ago and the trout are biting like crazy!

My wife schooled me something bad this weekend on fishing!

We drove up the Coronado trail and hit snow flurries from Rose peak all the way to Alpine.

kphunter, I read your entire article, believe it or not. Sure don't know what any of it means, but thanks for posting here. Stick around................and don't be shy, okay?

CHD:

Sure don't know what any of it means? That's a pretty broad statement. Are you new to crappie fishing? How can I help clarify things for you?

KP

KP,

I am the world's worst fisherman so I gave up fishin' 20 years ago. Don't even own a rod and reel these days. I just never had the proper instruction, and never seemed to be able to understand the habits and behaviors of fish so that I could regularly whack 'em. I always liked the warm water fish tho, since I grew up in southern New Mexico. I caught catfish, bluegills, carp, a few crappie, and all kinds of trout (cold water fish) when I was a yonker, but nothing that would raise an eyebrow.

I saw the NM state record flathead catfish when I was a kid, caught in Elephant Butte Res. Can't remember exactly what it weighed, but it was longer than I was. Once when I was about 8 years old, my Grandpa's friends stopped by with a HUGE amount of catfish from Elephant Butte and the Rio Grande River. I'll never forget that, as they had a TON of cats from little bitty ones up to cats that prolly weighed 30 lbs or so. Wish I had a pic of that.

However, I did read thru your article since you made the effort to post it here. Sounds like you definitely know somethin' about crappie fishin'. Got any huntin' articles???

Take care.