kkay

locked antlers

Neat find. Just curious about the legality of cutting the heads off though. Did you check into any of that? My guess would be it was not legal since you can't keep something like that anyway.

Amanda

Neat find. Just curious about the legality of cutting the heads off though. Did you check into any of that? My guess would be it was not legal since you can't keep something like that anyway.

Amanda

That was my thought also but I did not want to be the first to bring it up. From what I understood it would not be legal.

I was really hoping someone could elaborate on the legal aspect. I know in NM you can't touch anything with the skull still attached unless you get the OK from game and fish. My understanding was that, that is not the case in AZ. What makes this pickup any different than a lion kill pick up?

From what I understand there has to be significant hide decay on the skull before it is legal to pick them up. Now, having said that, who in there right mind isn't going to pick those up if they found them??? I know I am picking them up.

would it be possible to get someone from g&f to come out and determine it to be a natural death? i'm not to sure if that is still the protocall for something that is so freshly dead.(maybe its changed with the new clarification?) they ain't gonna deny that is a natural death. again though i would have picked them up regardless. SWEET FIND!!!

would it be possible to get someone from g&f to come out and determine it to be a natural death? i'm not to sure if that is still the protocall for something that is so freshly dead.(maybe its changed with the new clarification?) they ain't gonna deny that is a natural death. again though i would have picked them up regardless. SWEET FIND!!!

Im sure then everyone would get a chance to see them. At the G&F office!! :P :lol:

:blink: WOWZER!! Congrats on the find of a lifetime, Trully remarkable! Good to know the legacy of these to Die Hard bucks will live on, no pun :lol: . AWESOME!!!!

Im sure then everyone would get a chance to see them. At the G&F office!! :P :lol:

Hey KnumbNut, You better check my post again, I never said I took them. "get someone from G&F" What a dweeb.

kkay,

I don't think anyone was slamming you. I read it as, couldn't you get someone from G&F to come out and verify that it was a legit situation and be able to release the heads to you?

Breathe, ;)

--Bill

Hey KnumbNut, You better check my post again, I never said I took them. "get someone from G&F" What a dweeb.

And you do the same read the post I quoted along with mine!! And Calm Down TURBO!!!!

You are correct that you never said you took them but with the picture of the two heads cut off the bodies it was assumed that that was the case. Anyway, jonscaife is correct that if you contacted G&F and they went out and assessed the situation you should be able to legally have the animals. I am sure that would be a preferable alternative to having someone from G&F find out about the heads after the fact and come over to your house, take the heads and leave you with a citation. I don't know but that is just my $.02.

Aaron

Even before the new p/u head laws, most people I knew would call the g&f as a courtesy if nothing else, upon finding a fresh kill. If this is a perfectly natural death of the two animals, which it would seem, then I don't understand what all the fuss is about in regards to calling the g&f.

The possibility of someone shooting a deer or elk in the process of sparring is not beyond being impossible.

Im sure this is a legitimate question to be considered.

That is a WAY cool find! Thansk for posting the pictures and letting us all wish for the chance to find something so rare.

I think we're missing the point here guys! These two bucks were probably best budds through out last summer and fall and then they turned on each other in the battle to their death and for what?...a woman!!! Whats the lesson learned here?....Never let a woman come between you and your friends! Hahaha! :lol: :lol: :P :P ;)

-Tracy