Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter4life

big bucks

on saturday I was getting my javi scored for az.book.a guy was leaving he had a 118" @ 111" coues bucks.both were taken in sept over the last few years with velvet.what awesome bucks.marvin the scorer stated it should go # 3 in non typical.both were taken with spot in stock. did any body here about these bucks before.the guy did not say much more. mike

Did ya tell him about this site so he can post some pics ;) Also, what unit was they taken in :lol:

I know a guy that shot a 111" velvet buck about 3 years ago in unit 31 with his bow. Not sure about the other one though.

I saw a coues on Saturday that a gentleman shot in 31 three or four years ago that was huge. He's not into scoring his deer, so I don't know the score. The eyegaurds alone were 6 inches long and then split at the top like a v-shape and those were an inch long. I should have taken a picture. He had another one there also that came from the same canyon that had the same genetics as the big one. They were almost identical in shape. I am probably going back over there again soon to keep chasing the bears and will try to get a picture. David

Sounds like Mark Lopeman's buck. I'm not positive, but that is what it sounds like.

tam I beleave that is the one,118 was from this last year and now beleave that one was a 22 buck.most of been the only buck in 22.hehehe . azhuntnut was it a non typ. becouse this on was? mike

No, it was a typical 3x3. Long mainbeams with good thickness all the way through.

tam I beleave that is the one,118 was from this last year and now beleave that one was a 22 buck.most of been the only buck in 22.hehehe  .  azhuntnut  was it a non typ. becouse this on was?  mike

Talked to Mark Lopeman, and it's not his buck. Are you sure it was 31? I haven't heard of many archery bucks that large coming out of 31.

I saw a buck that was taken by, I think the first name is Steven, Ward. He lives in Wilcox and wacked a velvete biggin with his bow. I think it was a heavy 3x3 in the 111" gross range? Anyone know for sure? I'd sure like to see that 118" buck you're talking about.

A bit of advice, never go to a measurers house or taxidermist w/o your camera. Telling us about seeing a big buck just teases us and I can't handle teasing... I'm very sensitive. LOL!!

Josh

that is were i saw them.he was getting them scored.I saw the score sheet on them.your also right I should of brought the camera..It was at marvins "official scorer" when i saw them. I would expect them to be approved this june when they reveiw them. mike