Sign in to follow this  
stalkincoues

Some pics of antelope, deer, and elk

We went up north last weekend to scout some area for Elk. Took my camera and was able to get some pics of a few animals. Not all of them wanted their pics taken. Had to put a stalk or run after a few to get these. I am new to photography but trying. I wish more animals were willing to cooperate for the camera :P

Antelope in the pines, she looks like she is about ready to pop.

post-2205-1243024685_thumb.jpg

Some elk in a meadow the first evening

post-2205-1243026065_thumb.jpg

Antelope behind a fence

post-2205-1243026529_thumb.jpg

Antelope running

post-2205-1243026693_thumb.jpg

Small scruffy Mulie buck bedded

post-2205-1243026885_thumb.jpg

Same buck eating

post-2205-1243027132_thumb.jpg

Another Mulie buck

post-2205-1243027309_thumb.jpg

Elk calf, there were 3 and 1 cow

post-2205-1243027697_thumb.jpg

Elk calves running off

post-2205-1243027867_thumb.jpg

A couple of pics I thought were neat

post-2205-1243028215_thumb.jpg

post-2205-1243028315_thumb.jpg

A dust devil formed as were taking a few pics

post-2205-1243028779_thumb.jpg

Nice Pics. Those antelope look like they're ready to drop fawns any day now.

We all need to get out there and whack some coyotes to help them out.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice Pics. Those antelope look like they're ready to drop fawns any day now.

We all need to get out there and whack some coyotes to help them out.

Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't agree more!

-Tracy

i was gunna ask if that was little green valley, love to watch the elk out there. might of seen stalkincoues takin pictures of the elk, me and my dad saw a guy takin pics of the elk out at little green valley last weekend

Lots of elk around little green valley. Bout 13 years ago I hit a nice bull with my girlfriends Sentra in that same spot. Wrecked the car but the elk danced around on the hood took off jumped the fence and was gone. :o

i was gunna ask if that was little green valley, love to watch the elk out there. might of seen stalkincoues takin pictures of the elk, me and my dad saw a guy takin pics of the elk out at little green valley last weekend

We were at the descent around 6:30 pm last Friday. We were in a red Toyo 4-runner. A white truck pulled in front of us at the pull off as we were pulling out. It would be funny if it was you. I was in the back seat with my lens hanging out.

awesome pics! I've been wanting to get a good camera set up for taking pics like that, just haven't had the xtra cash yet, what set up are you using?

awesome pics! I've been wanting to get a good camera set up for taking pics like that, just haven't had the xtra cash yet, what set up are you using?

Hey Loco, thank you. It took a lot of work to just get these few pics. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D200, the animal pics were taken with a 70-300mmVR nikon lens (higher zoom in unpredictable situations).

Starting out I wouldn't reccomend anything more than a D-40, 60, 80, or even the new 90. Anything more, definitely not starting out user friendly. You can get a pretty good used one on craigslist usually for a good price, compared to a new price. Make sure to spend more money on glass if you can!

Thanks stalkin for the info! I have kind of looked at the Nikons, but I have always had canon point and shoots, I was looking at one from the Canon Rebel series, XT,XTI, or XSI. Thanks again for sharing the pics.

I spotted some up by Kinnikinnick lake last weekend while predator calling,got 2 coyotes off a couple of antelope anyway,hope it helped,there were so many coyotes it was insane..