Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

.257/.300 Win Mag

Anyone hear of someone doing this kind of wildcat round for a little higher velocity Quarter Round?

I have never heard of this particular cartridge, but it would not equal the .257 Weatherby, a factory round available in a variety of rifles. If you want a faster quarter-bore, there is always the .257 STW, but it's a wildcat, as well...

HOC,

I probably have about 350 rounds down the tube. I do not have a bore scope to look at the throat. Have seen no loss of accuracy yet, but 350 rounds is not many.

If the BR guys get 1000+ from a 6.5-284, I should get 2000 with a reduced rate of fire and not getting the barrel toasty-hot, ya think.

RR

I am very intriqued with the 6.5 Lapua.

257 - Look at the forums at longrangehunter.com on the round.

Saw a rifle that Accuracy International (tactical) built and it was shooting in the ones and twos.

I want to put together a rifle for sniper challenge matches and am leaning toward this round pretty hard, just dont know if the 6.5 WSMer wouldn't be better if the barrel held up.

I don't know about 2000 rounds, keep me informed. I have two 6.5x284's but less than 500 rounds through either. No reference there.

I think hot loading hurts too. Look at what happened to the .264 mag as a sporting round...Dont think that was from rapid firing.

Thanks Doug

H-o-C, I saw that AI rifle on the military channel yesterday. It was an impressive display. It sounds like it would work great on deer and lopes.

Mike

I've always wanted to do a 6.5stw or 270stw ar maybe a 270RUM. Then I dont wanna mess with the whole wildcat deal either. I never understood why winchester made their quarterbore a supershort instead of a regular WSM. Im even one of a few that likes the wssm cartridge. 264's are one heck of a cartridge. I know a guy on here that has one.

I never understood why winchester made their quarterbore a supershort instead of a regular WSM.

There were a lot of people left scratching their heads in befuddlement over the lack of a 25 WSM from Winchester.

why do you idjuts even mess with all them goofy ca'tridges when there is a .270? you can't see it, but i'm shakin' my head right now goin' tisk, tisk, tisk. Lark.

no, it is made better. actually best. once you get to perfection, yer sposeta quit. your gonna end with somethin' like genetically altered plants. like talkin' corn or taters with real eyes. yer not sposeta mess with perfection. Lark.

no, it is made better. actually best. once you get to perfection, yer sposeta quit. your gonna end with somethin' like genetically altered plants. like talkin' corn or taters with real eyes. yer not sposeta mess with perfection. Lark.

Lark, Yousa soundin like you got lead poisonin or somthin...Everone knows the .270 aint all that fer arizona...jezze