Sign in to follow this  
bustedknuckleinc

Trail camera poll

Trail camera theft  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a trail camera stolen out in the field

• Yes
    • NO
  2. 2. If so was it in a easy to access area.

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. If so Was it in a remote area.

• yes
    • No

With all of the trail camera thefts occuring over the years me included I was just curious about the percentage of cameras stolen. When you have a trail cam stolen you are not exactly ready to go put another one out. I think we would like to know the chances of our cameras being riped off if we choose to put them out. Is it 1 in a 100 or 1 in 10. Lets see what happens. I will calculate the totals 2 weeks from today. Please take the poll but only if you have had a trail camera out in the field. THANKS.

I had a trail camera taken from a private / locked ranch in Mexico. I never thought theft would be an issue on private property but it was. We suspect that a neighboring ranch had hunter on the wrong side of the fence and got caught on camera so they took them to hide the evidence. Can't say for sure but it's the most likely explaination.

I've had two taken and one memory card but I'll be danged if I'm gonna let it stop me from putting them out.....like TAM said, just got to hide them better. With my work schedule sometimes it's a month or more before I can get back to check them so I do everything I can to conceal them. I'm sure I'll have more messed with and I'll get all fired up but I'll keep at it.

Phil

Guest 300ultramag.

I always take an extra camera.......... so if its gone Ill hang another........... dunno why but I always do.. just in case.................... never lost 1 but I have a good feelin I have 1 stolen as I type this........ I had 2 firefighters in my last series of pics and they seemed rather interested in my camera..... only time will tell.......

Had the first one I ever put up stolen. The whole area looked like it had been shot up with an automatic weapon. That was the last time I put a camera within a mile of a road or forest service trail. Recently one of my cams burned in a forest fire so Im hoping for better luck in the future.

If you have never had a cam stolen I didnt know you would still need to answer the the last two questions so I should have given those questions a C: I have never had a camstolen choice. Oh well we can still see what % of people have had there cams stolen. SORRY.

I was out looking for a spot this morning to put a trail cam. I think I have a good one. I am relatively new to the camera game, I have had 2 camera's in 3 different spots and have not had any problems. 2 of the spots were relatively difficult to get to. One was a 4-5 hour hike in the other 2-1/2 hours of hiking into the wilderness. I am not going to put any camera where you can drive a quad to it and I'm going to avoid water unless it is somewhere extremely remote.

I have never had one stolen but me and my uncle went to pick his up over in 23 on a spring that we set it on about 4 weeks ago and it was stolen. The spring had an old quad trail on it and the only tracks when we set up the camera was from a rancher repairing fences. Not saying the rancher took it.

I saw a post on another web site that I really liked. Permanently put your name on the front with an engraver or somehow with your phone # on it, so if any one sees the #, call it, to see if the camera is where is belongs.

I so far have only had a bear rip mine out of a tree.

Thanks.