Red Rabbit

Sunrise 3D Shoot***

Hopefully everyone had a good time at the shoot and dried out from Friday. I saw a few CWT members there and saw a sticker in the parking lot for the competitve shooters. Weather was great for shooting on Sunday with plenty of sunshine and little wind. Jody and Eilene, hope you shot well. Competitive courses 3 and 4 were certainly challenging, but very enjoyable to shoot.

Bill Quimby, thanks for the conversation and lunch on Friday. It was a pleasure to meet you, and hope to again later this summer or fall.

If you went, you will recognize this scene before the base.

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak027.jpg

A few more from along the highway towards Greer.

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak025.jpg

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak035.jpg

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak004.jpg

Our camp with friends from Prescott was at the base of Greens Peak. Good food, company, and a roaring campfire. The clouds set up right for a sunset Saturday evening as many vehicles streamed to the top of Greens Peak to presumably watch the fireworks at Sunrise Lake.

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak011.jpg

CopyofWhiteMountains-GreensPeak020.jpg

Doug~RR

RR.......Your photos are always AWESOME......! Thank's for sharing..... ;) ;)

Aaron,

Will you be able to bring that new bow up to Flagstaff in 2 weeks for our 3D shoot at Willard Springs?

Doug~RR

Doug

If you are talking about the weekend of the 18th and 19th I will be camping up by big lake.

Plus, I don't want to embarrass myself flinging arrows at a shoot.

Aaron,

Yes, the Willard Springs shoot is the 18 & 19th. If you get to go to a 3D shoot, bring your rangefinder and shoot with an experienced one to help tutor you at the start. Arrows are too expensive to trash.

ABA has the Bowhunter Happening at Sunrise on the 25 & 26th

http://www.arizonabowhunters.org/Triple%20...009/FPBHH09.pdf

Doug~RR

i was at the sunrise shoot- it was great- except for being on the ski lift when it was poring and hailing, we were so soaked that the rain drops were splashing back out of our clothes. i wore my cwt shirt on sat.- didnt see any others, but i bought a new bow finally! a bowtech tomkat- it is super super quiet- and a real smooth draw- its an '09. only missed once out of the 90 targets, but three other times my arrow clipped a branch and ricoched it away from the target- so 4 if you count those- i guess they would be misses while hunting. RR did you see a truck spotlighting friday night? we were spotlighting in a blue truck- scouting for my elk hunt up there in october

RR did you see a truck spotlighting friday night? we were spotlighting in a blue truck- scouting for my elk hunt up there in october

Sorry, I did not notice you, nor see any other spotlighters. I was down in Greer when the heavy rain hit the mountain Friday. Good luck on your elk hunt. Sure is beautiful country.

RR

"Bill Quimby, thanks for the conversation and lunch on Friday. It was a pleasure to meet you, and hope to again later this summer or fall."

It was my pleasure, Doug. It was a shame Jean wasn't feeling well, or I could have shown you a few of my heads at the cabin. It was great to put a face to your RR posts and photos. Next time I promise not to talk so much about myself.

Bill Quimby

Hey Doug,

It was great to meet you finally! Hope you shot better than I did... Course #3 embarrassed me, but I redeemed myself over on #4 the next day! I wore my CW shirt on Friday and did notice a couple of stickers on trucks! I did see spotlighters going out before dark one night. We were camped in a beautiful, isolated spot tucked into the trees across a meadow off of the 112. Had fun at the shoot and had an amazing time camping. Even got in a little fly fishing to boot!!! :rolleyes: Great pics once again Doug, it's such a beautiful area.

Ilene

Great pictures Doug.

I spent a summer up there a long time ago and recognized all of those places. It is still as beautiful as ever and your photo's do it the justice that it deserves. ;)

great pics, they look really familiar!!! I was very impressed with the shoot...i think they set it up very well and you can not beat the scenery!!! i will say that i will never take my two labs up the ski left ever again..haha..they were calm as can be but i about lost it on the way up! :blink:

I had a great time as well...wonderful scenery with some challenging shots. I have never turned in a scorecard and doubt I ever will, but I am curious: is there an IBO standard for guys who compete regularly? 320 out of 360? Less? More?

post-2628-1246945782_thumb.jpg