Sign in to follow this  
HUNTAZ

STEAL THIS!!!

Nice job on the boxes! But I have to agree with gamehauler and nextolast, if they want it they'll get. With all the thefts posted here lately, I strongly suspect that there are folks out with bolt cutters in their back packs looking/waiting for the opportunity to take what's not theirs. It'll provide you a sense of security for most scenarios, and keep most from taking it, I'd do what I can to keep it out of the common areas.

Well i havent had a cam STOLLEN YET! I know theirs always going to be the chance! One of theses days some1 is gonna catch a thief and its not gonna be pretty!..........SO DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A BOX? I CAN MAKE EM FOR ANY CAM! I used a 3/4 inch chain an 1/4 in steel on most of em! gonna need a big pair of cutters to cut that!!

looks good I have a box that we built at a welding shop that my brother in law owns he kept wanting to go bigger faster stronger the only problem was the weight and packing it in was a chore that is why I would take Jim and Kolby, Jim would pack the box and Kolby would pack the camera, batteries , the solar panel and cable lock and I would carry the socket wrench and the two lag bolts oh yeah and the SD card , it worked very well and only one problem a bear was so curious it broke the lens and a piece of the cover it cost me 40.00 plus shipping to have it fixed,I had some good pictures of his teeth tong and eyes,

Good luck and have fun with it

Jeff

I build mine more as enclosures. You can always use the bolt cutter proof locks and make them haul some heavier equipment into the woods!!

post-131-1248463396_thumb.jpg

I am more worried about bears and pigs than people. They always mess with the cameras, people don't.

thats making a statment

good work if you dont mind me asking what do you think it cost you and how much time dd you put into it

nice box catcalw! the first 3 boxes i built were simular... more enclosed they were just a little heavy so like the first pic i used less material!

joey id say around 30$ or 40$ in materials an 2-3 hours of work depending on the style of box!

not a bad deal

Sorry to bust your bubble... but it boggles my mind at the time and money you all are putting into these worthless boxes!!! They look good and solid, but I still insist that if a scum bag theif wants your camera he will get it. I've said for years that all they do is keep good people honest.

It only takes a $9.99 pair of cheap Home Depot bolt cutters to get any one of those boxes off the tree.

Mike is right... less than a minute

Save your money and spend your time hiding your cameras where no one will find them. If it can't be found, it can't be stolen.

ive never seen a 10$ pair of bolt cutters cut through a 3/4 inch chain maybe those big 3ft cutters but not a cheap 10$ pair!!!! Ive never had one stollen yet and i know their has been many people to come across them! maybe ive been lucky? but for the thieves who are out their looking for our cameras your gonna need a chain saw a saws all or a grinder to get our cams! AN REMEMBER ONE DAY YOUR GONNA GET caught!

If you use the right lock, you can't get them with bolt cutters. I like the combo locks so they are not as good as the one in the last photo. A good lock costs MORE than the whole box!

I am going to make one with a deadbolt instead of a padlock.

If you lag them on good enough and use though bolt cutter resistant locks, you are going to keep 75%of the thieves from getting it. It they take power tools with them, all bets are off.

My last box cost about $5 for the steel and $2 for a hinge. They take about and hour and a half.

Dennis

This is one discretely mounted on a tree- no chains or cables to give it away! Besides, can you imagine how long the chain would have to be to get around this sucker!

post-131-1248481567_thumb.jpg

ive never seen a 10$ pair of bolt cutters cut through a 3/4 inch chain maybe those big 3ft cutters but not a cheap 10$ pair!!!! Ive never had one stollen yet and i know their has been many people to come across them! maybe ive been lucky? but for the thieves who are out their looking for our cameras your gonna need a chain saw a saws all or a grinder to get our cams! AN REMEMBER ONE DAY YOUR GONNA GET caught!

Mine will. A couple years ago I lost the key to my camera. I went to Home Depot in Payson and bought the cheapest pair of bolt cutters I could find. They cost $10 bucks. Went out to my camera and cut right through like a hot knife through butter.

If the cheap-o bolt cutters don't work, a cordless drill with a grinding wheel will.

Even with your fancy boxes and chains, if a dirtbag theif wants your camera, he's gonna get it.