Switchback

Another Draw Question

First of all Congrats to all that have drawn...

I have a personnel question and wanted to hear the forums input....

What are your thoughts on youths first year hunts??? It was my sons first year to put in for deer and he has been so excited for this year for about 3 yrs now and counting down till today, only to find out that he was unsuccessful in the draw.. Now here is my issue we and asgfd are trying to push hunting and outdoorsman to the youth shouldn't it be an automatic draw for the little ones putting in for their first time???? I was lucky enough to draw myself so I will be signing over my tag to my little stud, but being actually drawn is most of the fun...

What are your thoughts??

I put him in for the youth hunts thinking it was automatic guess I should of put him in with me....

Either way we will have a blast in the outdoors....

First of all Congrats to all that have drawn...

I have a personnel question and wanted to hear the forums input....

What are your thoughts on youths first year hunts??? It was my sons first year to put in for deer and he has been so excited for this year for about 3 yrs now and counting down till today, only to find out that he was unsuccessful in the draw.. Now here is my issue we and asgfd are trying to push hunting and outdoorsman to the youth shouldn't it be an automatic draw for the little ones putting in for their first time???? I was lucky enough to draw myself so I will be signing over my tag to my little stud, but being actually drawn is most of the fun...

What are your thoughts??

I put him in for the youth hunts thinking it was automatic guess I should of put him in with me....

Either way we will have a blast in the outdoors....

It took 2 years for my son to get his first tag, it seems that they almost never get drawn there first year.

It was my sons first year also and when I checked the web with his sportsmen id it said there was no file for that SS# he has completed hunters safety and he has an active hunt licens his check was also cashed but they say there is no file for him and to top it all off the phone lines where so busy that when i finally got through they were closed so I'll have to wait till monday if this cannot be corrected he will also be recieving my Nov. 31 Tag it just chaps my A#* that after all the trouble I went through trying to get his hunters safety current and making sure the app and license were correct that this happens

It was my sons first year also and when I checked the web with his sportsmen id it said there was no file for that SS# he has completed hunters safety and he has an active hunt licens his check was also cashed but they say there is no file for him and to top it all off the phone lines where so busy that when i finally got through they were closed so I'll have to wait till monday if this cannot be corrected he will also be recieving my Nov. 31 Tag it just chaps my A#* that after all the trouble I went through trying to get his hunters safety current and making sure the app and license were correct that this happens

sorry to hear that CRB....I hope all works out for you either way we are lucky enough that we can sign the tags over and have fun

sorry to hear that CRB....I hope all works out for you either way we are lucky enough that we can sign the tags over and have fun

Thank you switchback and I am very pleased that I can give him my tag the look on his face when I told him made it well worth it!!!!!!!!

I think all first year applicants under 13yrs should draw a tag. That is what hunting is all about "the kids"post-3462-1248499252_thumb.jpg

I am fourteen years old, but this was the first time i've put in and didn't get drawn :angry: but after finding the news out, i went to sportsmans warehouse and bought myself some rage broadheads, and plan to throw down a ground blind ;)

I am fourteen years old, but this was the first time i've put in and didn't get drawn :angry: but after finding the news out, i went to sportsmans warehouse and bought myself some rage broadheads, and plan to throw down a ground blind ;)

There are some decent leftover tags available!

I think all first year applicants under 13yrs should draw a tag. That is what hunting is all about "the kids"post-3462-1248499252_thumb.jpg

+1

Great picture!

It took my niece 3 years to get drawn and she's a junior. <_< Not all juniors are successful in their 1st ever hunt its about getting the kids introduced to the outdoors and our beloved sport, like it was said before kids under 13 should get a tag!

lets say, you weren't too familiar with one of the leftover tag areas, but you know that certain area produces large amounts of deer, this being only if you didn't get drawn.

would you take a chance of getting a leftover tag with little scouting, for an area you didn't know, in hopes of tagging out, or would you stay with the area you know very well and just wait till August 21st rolls around?