CouesWhitetail

found some nice elk sheds

Well, I wasn't really shed hunting, but stumbled upon a matched set of 6x6 sheds. Not real big, but nice anyway. The G-1's and 2's were 12-15 inches long. The g-3's are short. This pair was right next to each other. I laid them out and snapped a photo to show how they would look on a bull.

They had some rodent chewing on them. Looked like a Nontypical point on the G-4 on the RT side was chewed off. Probably only a short point anyway.

I found these while doing owl surveys for work. Found a couple WT sheds, but although they were large, the tines were almost chewed off to nothing. didn't bother getting a photo of them.

matched-set-elk-antlers.jpg

matched-set-elk-antlers-sid.jpg

Amanda

Way to go AMANDA!!!

Sweet find...Did you find them on the San Carlos ?

nice find Amanda! Details? Owl survey, Elk sheds, Whitetail sheds.... Below the rim?

Very NICE!!

I would take him in a heart beat!!

:ph34r:

Great Find Amanda and thanks for posting them.

Yes, I found them while doing spotted owl surveys on the San Carlos. Gotta love those owls that nest in marginal owl habitat, which tends to be better for WT and wintering elk.

I left the sheds there, since they are on the rez all I do is take pics. But it sure was great to see them. I have never found a matched set like that before.

Amanda