azhuntnut

how to not shoot a coyote

I was out with my buddy Ben on Saturday morning when we found some muley does. We thought it would be cool to call them in to us. They had gotten to within forty yards when I noticed a coyote coming across the field. My attention instantly turned towards him. I couldn't move to get my rangefinder out, so I asked Ben for a range on him. He thought the coyote was about 500 yards. I got a good rest and let the first shot fly, and then followed up with the second, third, fourth, and finally the parting fifth shot. As you can see in the video the coyote was actually less the 500 yards. By my fourth shot I was leading him by two feet and you can see the dust in the background shows that I was still a foot or more behind him. They sure do run alot faster than you think. I had switched my ammo that morning from .223 69 grain MK's to 55 grain v-max's. But there shouldn't be hardly any differance in ballistics at that range. We actually called in three coyotes while calling the deer. It was still fun trying to hit him, and I learned that I need to lead them a little bit more at that speed, and at least put a rangefinder on them when they are sitting still for me. David

http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv67/gr...oteshooting.flv

Gggsssssssss man! I dont know who's worst you or Casey :lol: No I think no body beats Casey....he so bad at shoting, that when he makes a shot at the air.............he still misses the air :lol:

I will be the first to admit Im a bad shot with a rifle.........Thanks for making me feel better about myself. ;)

I have mastered the art of warning shots.

I will be the first to admit Im a bad shot with a rifle.........Thanks for making me feel better about myself. ;)

I have mastered the art of warning shots.

Well...thats a good thing to be shooting poorly at. BTW...thats funny.

I welcome any other members to post a video of themselves killing a coyote on the run at that distance. The reason I posted this was to show just how much you need to lead a animal moving at that type of speed. Its not easy by any means. <_< David

Are You An Enviromentalist or something???? :rolleyes:

I dont think so....he killed all the grass and vegetation in the back ground! :lol:

azhuntnut, we are just joking with you buddy, dont take it personal :D

I bet that Desert dog is still on the run. He willnot stop until he is in the next county.

Colder climates call for bolder tactics:

This dog was baited or called into a tannerite target then dispatched

CLICK TO WATCH: