ArcheryHunter

Camo choices in Sierra vista az ?

Do I go with one color? Go with the two tone? I saw MAch1 that looked pretty good with maybe a light brown for the pants to blend into the tan grass. The trouble is that I havn't even been to the area I am going. i am having someone take me out @ the end of August. What would you choose for camo? ;) I am used to the south east camo patterns. This certainly aint Dixie! Any suggestions? Am I on a dead topic here? Who killed JFK? jk

you definitely want some different camo. Hunting in AZ in the desert requires one type of camo, and up elk hunting will be a different color. Go to cabelas or basspro and look around at the various designs they have. I use True sage camo for elk and then a darker color for coues deer. I cant remember the brand for coues deer but its logo is a cameleon. Hopefully you get a few responses here. Kings makes some nice camo that we use here in the West........Allen Taylor........

I like lighter colors in the Desert.

I have watched many hunters threw my binos

and the ones in darker colors looked Like a flag.

I do not know that unit so I may be way off base for it.

Good luck on your hunt ;)

I've never had any problems killing animals in a pair of canvas carharts and a tan or dark brown shirt. Camo is over rated....unless you are bow hunting or in the military :)

JUST NOTICED THIS WAS IN THE BOWHUNTING FORUM.....CAMO APPLIES. NATURAL GEAR WORKS GREAT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T DARKEN UP AND TURN BLACK AT A DISTANCE.

If'n you hunt speedgoats, I have had amazing luck with F O t L solid white.

No Joke...

Them goats can't resist a nice white v-neck! :ph34r:

I like lighter colors in the Desert.

I have watched many hunters threw my binos

and the ones in darker colors looked Like a flag.

I do not know that unit so I may be way off base for it.

Good luck on your hunt ;)

Thanks Mike. Im probably over thinking this one. I am on a budget for sure so I may have to do some homemade adjustments "depending on the terrain" I have some pants and a long sleeve form walmart that is a good desert color. It is the one with the cameloen. I may add some tan grass to my pants by tying some strig around my ancles and chin. This may help break up my one color setup. When the Lord blesses I like the 3D leafy kind but will probably go with lighter pants and darker top.

as far as camo for me i go with a tan small game pant that protect fr4om well you name it

post-2827-1249918230.jpg

Natural Gear is a good pattern for the desert. Been using it for years.

I've never had any problems killing animals in a pair of canvas carharts and a tan or dark brown shirt. Camo is over rated....unless you are bow hunting or in the military

Amen

FYI Sierra Vista is not in 34A.

I've never had any problems killing animals in a pair of canvas carharts and a tan or dark brown shirt. Camo is over rated....unless you are bow hunting or in the military

Amen

FYI Sierra Vista is not in 34A.

The places I hunted in 35A look EXACTLY like 34a.....I'd say it applies.

I use both natural gear and mossy oak brush. They both work well all year. I like the Brush pattern when the desert is green. Seems to work pretty good.

Lee

First of all 34A isnt in Sierra Vista and second of all you dont need a certain type of camo for this unit you could practically use what ever is brown or a little green I hunt this unit and I use cheap military digital green camo and also the desert version. Best of all saves money and have stalked so many deer with this type of camo. What is best though is the deer never even had the slightest clue that I was there. Some Great stuff.