coues7

Cool Video from Up North

Here is a cool video on long range shooting up on the Navajo indian reservation. I've always thought that all of the native americans have such a wonderful culture and an inherit beauty in their lives and people. Enjoy.

Waking up this morning and sitting down with a cup of coffee, it was a great way to start the day off by logging on to my favorite web site and watching that long range video. Showing the rough, remote, and beauty of the Navajo land along with the music was really thought out. It was a fine piece of work that I really enjoyed watching. Congratulations to the hunter and everyone involved with putting that video together.

Thanks for sharing coues7. :)

TJ

Very cool video of an awesome shot. Thanks for posting the link, that was very enjoyable.

Very cool video of an awesome shot. Thanks for posting the link, that was very enjoyable.

Not sure who the guys are but they have made some other nice videos as well.....non-hunting but nice videos none the less. I'm sure with the setup, equipment that they were using they are avid hunters. I'd like to see some more of their hunts.

Scott

Ditto TJ and others!!!!

What an awesome video! Not just the shot, and not just the camera work, but the narration as well. Clearly these guys love what they are doing, and are VERY good at it!

Made me want to be there!!!!

S.

:)

Sweet deal and they said it was`only Jake's 2nd Buck! 725 yards wow

Very nice, Thanks for sharing. My husband is gearing up for the long range shooting..he is hoping to get drawn for his Dec. hunt next year and wants to be ready.

That was a cool video and well made. If you look closely at around 4:47 in the video, you can see the bullet on the way to it's mark! Really!

Couestracker

:huh: Did he say it was 725 yds :rolleyes:

Yep 725 yards.....Huskemaw seems to make some great products. I've never used them but people swear by them. After posting the video I emailed Jake Hoyungowa, who filmed the video. He is an short film producer and a native.

Here is his email response:

Thank You, working on this video was extremely fun having a chance to hunt with my father and to actually utilize my Film Making techniques. I've been a Film Maker for quiet some time short films, documentaries all that great stuff but when it came to doing a video about Hunting it hit home. As for making any more videos yes I've work a few hunting vids and I do plan on posting some more with my father Jason Hoyungowa. He is a guide for the Navajo and has taken awesome footage over some time of his clients hunts and other great footage of the flourishing Deer and Elk population around Northern Arizona. This coming season we are expecting to make some more videos. I appreciate that you've spread the video out to other hunters around the country to help fuel their passion for this sport. Thank you, Jake Hoyungowa

Hope everyone enjoys.

Scott

Sweet Video for sure! Loved the Clint Eastwood music in the background. Not sure which film it's from, but It's definetely Classic Clint music in that video.

He must love the Huskemaw products as he mentions em just a few times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing, that's a part of the state that most of us don't get to see very often, especially from a hunters perspective.

AzP&Y