Sign in to follow this  
hawkens

6a coues

Went up spent couple days with my dad in 6a south scouting for my nov coues hunt ,holy cow thats a hole lot different than 36b , spent most of my time around west clear creek just trying to familiarize myself with the area unfortunatly did not see any coues only mulies , will be back up there this weekend hopefully find what im looking for ,very ruff country

West Clear, Wet Beaver, and Fossil Creek seem to be the popular areas. Lots of country between the 260 and Verde River to check also. Take a flight on Google Earth.

azhuntgirl its the nov 6-12 hunt 1074 , thanks for the info red rabbit , hoping to find an area where i can get my dad up on a ridge and be able to glass with out busting a** to get to , 30 yrs in the Marines '67 - '97 has taken a toll plus age but i'm not gonna say it to him haha he'll push to stay with me and i don't wanna make it a misserable hunt for him been about 6 yrs since he as killed a deer (in oregan) since he moved out here he hasn't had the chance yet so plan on spending alot of time by myself to find that ideal spot !!!!

West Clear, Wet Beaver, and Fossil Creek seem to be the popular areas. Lots of country between the 260 and Verde River to check also. Take a flight on Google Earth.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Even more country north of 260, Doug.... :rolleyes: Don't try to steer the poor guy as far from your end as possible... :rolleyes: :lol: :P :P

Seriously, there is a TON of country in that unit that holds coues..... just pic a piece and learn it! Be SUPER patient... they are there. ;) Don't get discouraged if you see carp deer too.... there are lots of places in 6a where a guy can see both. If it gets down to the wire and you still have not found any deer I'll toss you a bone if you pm me. ;) Good luck to you and your Dad. And tell him Thanks for us.... I (we) are so very gratefull for his sacrifices and service to our country.

Really appreciate that coues 'n' sheep i'm pretty proud of the old man , we've got cow tags in 10 'this year and confident on that hunt so my attention is gonna be on deer would really like to see him get one !!!

hawkens,

i just spent two days scouting 6a south and am finally coming to some conclusions, my first time in there too, we have nov 6th tag, i sent you pm. ill be returning in two weeks.

azhtrgirl is right that unit can be rewarding, I was fortunate to find two nice bucks on opening morning last year, and it was the first time hunting that unit. Good luck on the hunt

post-2764-1254848413_thumb.jpg

need a little help from all you , I have been scouting very hard in 6a south for coues this year. I drew a tag for the oct 22 hunt this year. so far, i have yet to see a decent buck in this unit . Numerous weekends i have spent up there to no avail. Can someone steer me in some kind of direction other than south of 260 ?

need a little help from all you , I have been scouting very hard in 6a south for coues this year. I drew a tag for the oct 22 hunt this year. so far, i have yet to see a decent buck in this unit . Numerous weekends i have spent up there to no avail. Can someone steer me in some kind of direction other than south of 260 ?

North of 260.... or up I-17??? ;) :lol: :P

Am being serious..... ;)