standman

Whisker Biscuit and Quikspin Vanes

My dad shoots a Whisker Biscuit Rest and he is trying the NAP Quickspin Vanes. He really likes the vanes because they greatly improved his broadhead accuracy, however after about 10 shots through the biscuit the vanes become wavy and wrinkley and accuracy decreases. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening to the vanes or is it just the nature of the beast with the biscuit rest. He shot duravanes all along and they shoot a long time before this happens to them. Most of the time they never get wavy. Just wondering if anybody else has had this experience with the Quickspins. Thanks

Brian

I have heard of some people trimming the bristles on the bisquit, but don't know the procedure. Also, the MFG has a new Bisquit (brown) that is supposed to easier on vanes.

You could always contact the MFG for their recommendation.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I have been using Blazer vanes and have not had any problems with them showing wear from the Biscuit.

I had thought Blazer and Quickspins were similar? Do you fletch your own arrows? I so I know Blazer will send some for free to try if you ask.

Redman

Redman, we do fletch all our own arrows so maybe I will contact Blazer and Quickspin and see what they have to say.

Brian

I tried the Quikspins last year and had the same results. I was not impressed at all. They would last me about 10-12 shots before get pretty wavy. Mine weren't even shot through a whisker biscuit rest either. For me personally, I think the Duravanes are the way to go and cheaper than the Quickspins.

Albert

this is funny, cause I just started (or am trying out ) quick spins and with a buscuit its a no-go. I believe duravanes are the manufactures recomended choice.

I think I am going to can the buscuit and pick up a drop away.

this is funny, cause I just started (or am trying out ) quick spins and with a buscuit its a  no-go. I believe duravanes are the manufactures recomended choice.

I think I am going to can the buscuit and pick up a drop away.

I wish you would have posted this a month ago. I traded my drop away for a Whisker Biscuit. On my bow, the rest was much too springy and over half the time would conntact the arrow again coming up. This would cause the arrow to dance and hit the target at weired angles. We put it on my buddies bow, and it has yet to do it. :o BTW yes it had the downward pulling spring.

The best vanes that I have come across are the Flex-Fletch. You must clean the base before gluing to the shaft though. They are less prone to wrinkling and tearing than other vanes I have shot.

The local shop says that the Quik-Spins are noisier than other vanes. I have not shot them. Do you hear any extra noise? You would probably need to stand to the side and let someone else shoot to compare sounds.

I had an odd time fletching them (probably didnt wait long enough for the glue/or picked up the wrong glue) by the end of an hour and 8 freshly fletched arrows they were shooting inconsistant and wavier than the Queen of england in a parade :o and finaly all torn off (by me) idd like to try a faster rig with them

***after thought ***they slow your arrows way down -i dont have a fast bow ,+ a wopping 26 1/2 " of draw doesnt help add a buiscut and dura vanes and the deer will walk away from my arrows-

in this months issue of PB there is a blurb from a writer about using armour all on your vanes - to test it out drop an arrow through a rest w/ and w/out

I think dirt would collect on anything sprayed with armour all.

Quick fix....go traditional. -Shiras (Sorry, I know nothing of these biscuits and vanes you speak of, lol)

I use the Blazer as well with my Whisker Biscuit. No problems.

Don't know anything about quick spins, but my dad and I have been having problems with the regular veins getting wavy out of the biscuit. My dad just took his arrows in and the tech just told him to heat 'em up with a hair dryer and they flattened right out.