kwp

4 point coues sheds

Two weekends ago I went for a half day shed hunt and found six sheds, two of which were fresh.

kwp-may15-05-sheds.jpg

One of the fresh ones as well as one of the old ones was from the same buck that my brother and I already had two of his sheds

kwp-Cuatros-01.jpg

Check out page 11 for another pic of the one match that we have as well as the scores

We've seen this buck a few times and my brother put a stalk on him with his bow but we haven't been able to find him during rifle season. Hopefully this year will be different.

very nice! By the looks of that last shed you better take him this year or next year at the latest. thanks for letting us see them.

That is awesome kwp!!!

He has made some pretty steady progress in main beam length and mass. Who knows, maybe this year his rack will jump up in inches like Dan King's shed demo in the shed hunting section on this website. Great finds!!

Kwp, Those are freakin COOL. Just were abouts did ya find them at :) Just kiddin :P Looks like all you need now is a tag ;)

Thanks guys

As you can see his last shed is a little smaller than the year before but I am just hoping he had a bad growth year and isn't actually regressing. Also, towards the end of the main beam there is a little bit of a funky twist in the beam so I wonder if maybe he injured it while in velvet. I'll have to find the other side so I can have a better idea.

I'm hopin he'll really explode this year like TREESTANDMAN said.

My first three hunt choices are in there and I am praying for a December tag

The fact that you were able to find three years of sheds from the same 4-point buck is what is really neat. Show us the intact set come December! Good luck in the draw.

Doug~RedRabbit

I keep looking at this set of sheds and I tell ya what. They are going to be a great mount with the cape atached to them. I wish you all the luck in the world locating this buck with a rifle or bow this year. Like I said above I think this is the year to take him. I do not think he is showing sighns of regress, But more like you said he may have done something to it because it has more twist in it. He will be one for you to brag about for a long time. Have you got any trail cam pictures of him yet. If not I will settle for the kill pictures when that day comes. I hope it is you guys that get to take him with the time you have involved with this buck. To many times the guy that works a big buck and holds off on him to let him grow to be what he should be has to see some lucky sucker draging out his deer. :o

I haven't gotten any trail cam pics of him yet but I am going to try towards the end of the summer, beginning of fall once it cools off a little. Last fall we had two cameras out, one on a salt lick and one on what I thought was the nearest water. This last march we found a different spring that is a little closer to where we think he hangs out (further from any roads) so I am going to try to get some photos of him there

Holy Shmoly Payne!!!!

Forget the rifle tag, get your tail out there with that bow and kill that buck already!!! Sheesh you boys are gonna have that thing tame as a dog if you spend anymore time stumbling around his territory,lol. Good Luck Bro.

I haven't gotten any trail cam pics of him yet but I am going to try towards the end of the summer, beginning of fall once it cools off a little. Last fall we had two cameras out, one on a salt lick and one on what I thought was the nearest water. This last march we found a different spring that is a little closer to where we think he hangs out (further from any roads) so I am going to try to get some photos of him there

I have to agree with littlebear on this one KWP. when are you and your brother going to shoot that thing????? You know I am always here to help you glass him up if need be :) .

Becker

PS get that motion camera on him so we can see some live pics

Definitley worth a trailcam set-up. Let me know if you need help putting one out ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics.