More D

Bonus Points.....how many?

Bill, I have read this story about your broken arm before somewhere, was it published in a magazine?

Yes. I sold it to Petersen's Hunting. Other versions appeared in Safari Magazine (I was its editor/publisher) and the Tucson Citizen (I was its outdoor editor).

That's the problem with us overage outdoor writers. We write about the same incidents over and over. Jack O'Connor (Outdoor Life's old gun editor for you who are too young to know who he was) must have shot the same desert rams in Sonora at least fifty times in print.

I was lucky the West Phoenix hospital had a surgeon who hunted. He operated on me that night, installed a couple of steel plates, and sent me back to our camp in the Little Horns the next morning with a cast I could use as a rest for my rifle. I lost only a half day of hunting, hunted 12 more days and passed up several rams before taking mine.

I've been reluctant to try using a high-lift bumper jack ever since! Compound fractures from dropping a truck on your arm are no fun.

Bill

Billrquimby

I read that story too. Funny thing is I was in a Dr office reading a hunting magazine! Took the magazine into the exam room and kept reading when the Dr was doing the preliminary Q & A . She had to make me put it down. Then I went out into the waiting room and finished it!

Points? What Points?

Elk 0 (drew 6a w/ 0 points in 2001 and have not put in since)

wetmule, where are you putting in to miss and have 14 points?

Deer 1 (Skunked in the draw last year)

Heck, I recall when I could put in to several areas and never miss a draw! Not any more! Missed getting drawn about 4 times in the last 12. People quit putting in for my areas will ya!

Lopes 0 (go to Wyo, They are thick as can be everywhere)

Buff, Sheep Never have....

Guest Ernesto C

az4life,if you get skunked in the draw last year then this drawing you should have two bonus points for deer.

Deer 1.....drew 13b last year

Elk 5.....6a muzzleloader 4 years ago

Sheep 13....

Antelope 9...drew 18a muzz 8 years ago

My wife has quite a few points for everything and my son's been applying, we also apply in new mexico as well...we usually pull something...Good Luck..CB1

Deer 1

Elk 2

Antelope 11

Sheep 13

This year is the first year in 3 years to put in for deer due to taking archery bucks in Jan. Never had an antelope tag. Sheep, well never expect to draw it. Just like filling out the application I guess. Elk, I drew 10 years in a row until last year. No joke. I had 8 archery cow tags and 2 unit 1 archery bull tags. Until last year I thought elk hunting was just an annual event.

Brian

deer: 1

elk: 4 or 5?

lope:1

basically i have atleast one for everything, took hunters safety course hope to draw a december 36b tag and i really think i will have this guy feeling! heck, maybe im just hungry, which is very possible.

Deer:1, Elk:1, Antelope:14, and bighorn:12.

When the bonus points were started for deer, I put in for a few years for only unit 13B to get that extra advantage for a primo tag, but had since missed the coues hunts and did not want to sit on the sidelines accruing the bogus points.

DEER 1

ANTELOPE 3

ELK DOESN'T MATTER

I gave up on antelope here this year. I went ahead and applied in Wyoming.