Sign in to follow this  
ZBAR

3A Buck

What a satisfying feeling. After 14yrs I FINALLY took my first antelope! I scouted a lot, saw lots & lots of small bucks, & settled on two I thought were worthy of the wait. I scouted two days prior to the hunt & then hunted for buck #1 opening morning without seeing him. I just didn't have a good feeling about it, so it was off to find #2. Like a good back-up he was in the exact same spot I had last seen him. :P Shows what good scouting can accomplish. One shot later & it was all smiles & hugs. He's plenty big for me. My brother helped me out big time (last picture), & I owe a lot to him. Antelope are awesome, & I can't wait to kill one with my bow! (or at least try :D )

post-2674-1252203748_thumb.jpg

post-2674-1252203824_thumb.jpg

Here is the one that eluded me. I glassed, & glassed, & glassed, & covered lots of ground looking for him but he was nowhere to be found. Archers????

post-2674-1252204454_thumb.jpg

post-2674-1252204476_thumb.jpg

That must have been the best feeling in the word after 14 yrs. How nice to have your brother there to enjoy the moment and to have the memories to share later in live. Congratulations! Great looking goat! :)

TJ

Congrats on a beast! my dads friend killed one about the same size and his waiting period was 17 years. better start mine so i can get one before im 60