Couescrazy33

trail camera

i see all the pics and what not and think they are really cool... i have been looking into these things for awhile. my question tho is the camera really worth it? money is not the issue. i would get the covert 2. but mainly my question is how many times do you have to check the camera and change the batteriers and what not.

just wondering your guys opinion

is the camera really worth it?

definately!

money is not the issue. i would get the covert 2.

If you can afford them that would be great, I only have one nice camera and abunch of 50-100$ ones

but mainly my question is how many times do you have to check the camera and change the batteriers and what not.

Depends on what is there. one of my spots has cattle in it and I got 1731 pictures in 10 days. Most of the time I try and go every 2 weeks to once a month if I want to see the pictures. I have left some w/ out solar rigs for a few months that I coulnd't get to.

I would have to say definitely worth it. I look forward to checking my camera's. It has become kind of a hobby in and of itself. I find myself looking for places to put one every time I'm out scouting, or just cruising around. Battery life is an issue..and it depends heavily on how often the camera is being triggered. I have a camera out right now that is only triggering 4 or 5 times a week. At that rate the batteries (8 - C) are lasting past 6 weeks.

My next camera will definitely be a covert. I don't know a lot about them, but the picture quality is excellent compared to what mine produce. If battery cost is an issue for you, you could look into the re-chargeable type.

There are a lot of variables, for me, because I live close to the camera's, I try to go out every couple of weeks, although, I don't need to. I left one 6 hours into a wilderness area for 6 months because I didn't have the gut's to hike back in a get it. When I retrieved it there was only 1 deer on it...at that point I was wondering if it was worth it. :) It only triggered 3 times and then the battery went dead? Don't really know what happened there.

Anyway, it's something to do, and maybe one of these day's I'll find an area loaded with bucks and blow the dust off my bow.

good luck!!

If you can afford it, then yes, they are worth it. They are just tons of fun and a great excuse to get out in the woods more often. They can give you a lot of info about the animals that are in the area you want to hunt, but I also really enjoy the pics I get of non-target animals too (birds, bobcats, spotted skunks, ringtail cats, javelina, etc).

I check cams about every two weeks and generally I am putting cams out just for fun and not in areas that I plan to hunt. I put them in spots that make good dog walks so I can take the dogs out with me. Since I have to walk the dogs anyway, it might as well be on the way to check a trail cam.

Battery life with the Coverts is really good. You can get a couple months out of them and perhaps more with lithium batteries. Depends on if you are doing pics or video though.

Amanda

100% totally completely worth it. If nothing else going out and checking the cams is an excuse to get away from town and do some hiking. Cameras and shed hunting trips are almost as good as getting into the woods with a bow or rifle.

Ditto - they are great. The only trouble is other "mingling" hunters. They really elevate into a whole sport of their own. Nothing better than going to check your cam and see what new developments are awaiting. On the other hand, there is nothing worse than getting out there to find one jacked by some low-life.

One thing they will help with - for fear of getting it stolen, you'll find more remote country - get away from the obvious and locate those places few people will be willing to travel.

Good luck to you. I highly recommend the DCL Covert cameras. They are amazing!

Naw.... I'd not waist the time or money.... It is like scout... why bother... just show up and hunt.... shoot the dang thing uyou see and get home and back to work! ;)

buy 1 and you wont be able to stop :blink: . VERY ADDICTIVE. i have had coyote, coon, and couple fox on cam at same time. really cool. what else ya gonna use your left over Christmas cookies from grandma on. shh, dont tell gram. right? well it gives me something to do on off season. :P

thanks for all the replys.

hey amanda when do u get a new shipment in?

Last I heard the company says they are supposed to get a big shipment of cams in on the 11th.

If you want to place an order, feel free and I will put it in line to go out when the cams come out.

Or just wait and I will make a post in the forum and on the trail cam sales page to let people know they are available again.

Amanda

so worth it we went from one cam to five or six now and have plans to buy more very addictive and be insightfull as to what your area is holding!