Sign in to follow this  
game hntr

dead elk 6x6

Game and fish officer named Erik checked us and I told him I had hit a bull the day before and didn't find him. He told me they had found a dead bull not very far from where we were and told me if I could describe the rack I could have it, as they had cut the head off. I told him exactly where I hit him and he told me to describe the rack. I told him I was looking for a shooting lane and that I didn't get much time to take full stock in the rack, but that with the shot placement and location of the bull I was very sure it was mine. He told me I could buy the rack at auction.

Just a quote from another post!

The problem with not calling it in is you could be helping a poacher. Most of us can tell what the deal is when we find a dead animal, but you never can be 100% sure. And as far as the GW taking his buddies in to the spot you found, he already knows where those elk are.

The problem with not calling it in is you could be helping a poacher. Most of us can tell what the deal is when we find a dead animal, but you never can be 100% sure. And as far as the GW taking his buddies in to the spot you found, he already knows where those elk are.

+1 Thats exactly why I have no problem calling them in.

Guest DaRut

Just incase you havent learned your lesson <_< <_< !! AZGFD is not your friend.. They are a bunch of idiots :blink: ...Seriously: dont kiss there a#$ like some say to do.The officer probably kept the horns for himself. Finderz keepers looser weepers. My buddy found a 417" monster and guess who has it, not AZGFD, but i am sure they would like to have it. :lol:

I agree, not too likely you will ever see that rack again if they find it. Unless you buy it of course.

you will see the rack again, it will be at a auction somewhere... or in the department office on the wall...

If that was game and fish, they sure did a great job investigating how the animal died!!! :lol:

Yes that was G&F. And of course he said he can't investigate the elk and i can't keep the rack... :D (his name is Stu....bla bla... his the game warden around Alamo Lake area...)