Sign in to follow this  
125coues

Grand Canyon weekend tour

We purchased this weekend tour from the Az Deer Assn Banquet, that Monty Parsons AKA Azsagebrush got donated. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Best Western Squire Inn, a very lovely hotel. On Saturday morning we started out with a flight to Page over the Grand Canyon. We got a breakfast at Page airport and then got picked up for a tour to Antelope canyon, that was awsome!! After leaving the Antelope canyon we were bussed down to the base of Glen Canyon Dam for the river tour. We stopped for a small hike to the Petroglyphs, pretty cool. We stopped on a beach to have lunch and continued on to Lees Ferry where a bus took us back to Tusyan with a stop at Cameron Trading Post, and they have some really good fudge there. We got back to the hotel about 6:30 pm and cleaned up for dinner. We went to a local restaurant - We cook pizza and pasta and not only did we get an excellent dinner, but had the pleasure of seeing and dining with good friends Jim (Pops) Mullins and his sidekick Gary. We had such a wonderful time and experience, all the guides we had were very knowledgable and friendly. We recommade that everyone should take this trip/tour at least once, if not more.

Thank you again Monty for getting the donation.

Mark and Kathi Nixon

P.S. We used this as a late honeymoon trip.

post-1911-1255063230_thumb.jpg

Us on the river boat

post-1911-1255063254_thumb.jpg

at the petroglyphs

post-1911-1255063293_thumb.jpg

horseshoe bend from the airplane

post-1911-1255063320_thumb.jpg

Antelope Canyon

post-1911-1255063348_thumb.jpg

us at the end of Antelope canyon

post-1911-1255063377_thumb.jpg

what Mark wished he was doing!!

post-1911-1255063424_thumb.jpg

waterfall along the river

post-1911-1255063474_thumb.jpg

Glen Canyon Dam from the airplane

Impressive crations of mother nature! Great pics and you guys had fun and honey moon and.......... :P Thanks for sharing/taking us along on your fun trip.

Ernesto C

Great pictures! I'm glad the 2 of you had a good time on your "honeymooon" at the Grand Canyon, I wish I could have seen you but I on a "ghost hunt" looking and listening for screaming elk that were not screaming.

One monring there were more elk standing behind your truck in the parking lot of the hotel then we seen that morning.

I'm glad you enjoyed.

Monty

Great pictures. We are planning on going up for the plane flight this week if everything works out. It looks like you had a great time. And it was nice meeting you guys when I gave you guys the tickets what seems like ages ago.

Awesome! I am so glad you guys enjoyed that trip. And thanks Monty for donating such a great trip to the ADA banquet. There really are a lot of great people around here!

Nice shirts! :)

Amanda