BASS

Who takes video of animals?

I was just wondering how many people actually carried a video camera with them while out and about. <_< I know I carry a small Sony Handy cam (huntin' cam) that was chewed up by my dog, so it no longer has an eye piece, but still has the fold out screen. It isn't the top of the line, but works, and I can put the tape into my Digital handy cam to transfer to the computer. I have since gave the Huntin' Cam a O.D. paintjob with a simple camo pattern and can't wait to catch some action on film. :D So who else carries a video camera? And what kind?

I carry a Canon Optura 20 digital 16X zoom with 1.5x extender.

I am working on a way to mount it atop my tripod / binocs so that I can just hit the record buttom when I glass up something worth filming.

I just bought the canon GL2 and it is sweet. It has a 20x optical zoom then I bought the doubler so I have 40x, it is like looking through a spotting scope.I bought it just before I went to Mexico in January. I was a little rusty using it but I still got a guy shooting A 100" buck @ 475 yards. Hope to get some great video and photos this year !!!!

great topic

I don't have one but would like to someday get one. There have been so many times that I have said to myself, "I wish I would have had a video cam for that"

JACK was your video at 475 yards pretty clear?

How far out is everybody else able to video and still be clear?

Let us know how that set up works Desertbull. Sounds like a great idea

It is pretty clear I was more fault than anything I didn't have all the settings quite right but you can tell what is going on. I would post a clip if I knew how!!

I think it would be neat to do a video sometime when I don't get drawn. Never had the small camera or time when I am not hunting and never seem to have the desire to do anything except glass and find my buck when I am hunting.

another item for my "some day..." list.

I saw a couple clips from Josh's site, and those are about the only "amateur" clips I have seen of Coues. If anyone else has some, I think lots of us would love to see some clips. Maybe I can provide some web server space if that is an issue?.

nice job from that distance! The cam must have been tripod mounted as steady as it was.

Thanks for posting the link.

Great video DesertBull! :) I too enjoy just filming stuff. I have filmed countless Paintball games, getting right up close to the shooters to the point I have been hit point blank. :blink: LOL I just want to get some nice film of animals in their natural suroundings. My dad, and uncle use to film a lot of the Elk around Heber, and Forest Lakes. But they carried one of those huge cameras that would use the full sized VHS tapes! :lol: :)

I carry a small digital canan, I don't have any good video of coues but some decent video of a few small mulies and elk.

I uploaded it to my website and then just copy/ paste the url into the message.

Also, your ISP probably provides you with some server space that you can use. Most do. I use Cox internet and they give me 10 megs of disk space to upload files to.

If you call your isp or check their online support to see how to upload files.

I just got a new trail camera set up that takes 10 second video clips. So far I've gotten about 100 clips. Nothing to great because all the bucks have dropped their antlers. It adds a new dimension to trail cameras.

TAM, what make, and model is it? Im looking for a new digital camera that doesn't cost an arm and a leg since they have come down in price.

It's one of the new Moultrie digital's. I got it at sportsmans warehouse for $165, but I've seen them since then on ebay for $139. It's only a 1.3 megapixl, but it still takes good pictures and the video feature is pretty cool as well. If you give me your email address I'd be happy to send you some samples. It takes one of those big 6 volt batteries which last about a month and costs about $3.50 each and they also have an option where you can buy a rechargable battery and solar charger so the battery will basicly go on forever without replacing it. It's not going to take the quality of picture to win any awards, but it will do just fine helping me find a big buck to put an arrow in this fall.