Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

More success

Just wanted to share the great experience I had this weekend to help out on my boss’ son’s junior hunts. He had two sons with tags 10 and 15 years old and he asked if I would help out. Long story short his 10 year old filled his tag opening morning with a spike at 320 yards and the son I was with missed a few deer that day. This morning we want back to the same area were we had some good luck the day before. It started out slow but we ended up seeing and getting a shot off at a forkie and the shot jumped some deer way down the draw. These deer, a herd of 10 mulie deer, had a couple of spikes in it and then I spotted a nice whitetail with them. We headed down the draw, peaked over the ridge and spotted the mule deer pretty quick but no whitetail. Him and his day head down the ridge about 50 yards to get a better look at the bottom. About 15 min. latter, as I’m watching the mule deer spikes, thinking his son about had it and was going to shoot one of them, I hear a BANG…. WHAP, but the mule deer just stood there. Did he miss? It sounded like a hit! Come to find out that his dad spotted the whitetail bedded down at about 290 and he put a GREAT shot on it.

Due to privacy, I’m only going to show pics of me with the deer. Fun weekend for sure!

post-1770-1255294365_thumb.jpg

And here he is packing out his deer. He shot it from the big green tree right over his right shoulder.

post-1770-1255294503_thumb.jpg

Nice deer! Very good shot for a 15 yr. old at 290 yrds! Congrats