Sign in to follow this  
mason a

my 11 year olds first elk, 580 yards

Congrats, Mason & Mason Jr.! ;) Sounds like you two worked your butts off for this hunting season and you started it off with success! Unless I miss my guess on where you were at when you smoked that cow.... I'd say you made the right call to get her while you had the chance.... there ain't elk behind every tree in that country. ;) The smile and the steaks on the table have Success written all over them!

....now it is time for an archery cow tag Mason Jr.!!! ;) :D

Congrats again!!!!

Congrats, Mason & Mason Jr.! ;) Sounds like you two worked your butts off for this hunting season and you started it off with success! Unless I miss my guess on where you were at when you smoked that cow.... I'd say you made the right call to get her while you had the chance.... there ain't elk behind every tree in that country. ;) The smile and the steaks on the table have Success written all over them!

....now it is time for an archery cow tag Mason Jr.!!! ;) :D

Congrats again!!!!

I know some people don't like to disclose were they hunt , but this was a cow hunt ,We were near pinedale its a fun place ,and i know the area pretty well. your right you have to take your shots when you get them . I had a cow rifle tag in this unit 2 years ago , and i thought the hunt would be over opening morning and i was wrong ,i did get one but i had to hunt my but off.

your right about the steaks my family cant wait for the day we pick them up from the processor. we have 7 kids so they go fast around here.

I agree ,

Mason jr. would love the challenge of bow hunting,he loves anything to do with the outdoors.

He also loves spearfishing in mexico , I guess thats kinda like bow hunting. Im going to try and post a couple of pictures of fish we have speared ,I hope i don,t get cussed at to bad for posting pictures of fish on a hunting forum,but we did hunt them i guess you could say

sorry the good picture of my sons fish he shot is more than 2mb so it would not upload ,and im not smart enough to shrink it

post-1975-1256021478_thumb.jpg

Wow that is an awesome shot.

Great job dad to instill a love of the outdoors in your son.

I am sure the whole family will enjoy in his success.

Thats awesome! Congrats!

I take a lot of hunters every year, And I have to say that as a whole the kids are the most deadly. This year has been no different.

Think about it, all their senses are tuned and raw with no bad habits to overcome! Teach them how you want them to pull the trigger and they do it exactly so!

They know no different, so have all the confidence in the world. I have seen dozens of kids whack everything from coyotes to deer to elk from 300 to 500+ yards without even thinking twice about it! Tell them they cant and they probably wont, but tell them they can and they will just do it!

TEACH THEM YOUNG!

KIDS ROCK!

Lance

Congratulations Mason Jr.! That is some fantastic shooting! I hope my 9 year old can follow in your footsteps next year. I relish those days in the field with my dad......and I was still packing gear and not shooting at your age so you have a big head start, buddy. Great Job!!!!!!!